I'm in motherhood overload. I was very tempted to run away today. Within a matter of hours this happened:
I put Zack down for a nap, smelled something foul 15 minutes later, go in to change him only to find he has stripped himself naked and left "special treasures" for me from end of the room to the other and decided to paint himself and several of his board books with them.
As I'm giving him a bath, Mylie starts freaking out in her crib. She has learned to scoot backwards and keeps getting her chunky little legs stuck in the crib rails.
I have to rush Maddie, Mylie, and Zack into the car to go pick up Andrew from preschool. Andrew and Maddie have a screaming match in the back of the car and are beating each other.
Zack is exhausted, but I can't take him home for a nap because I haven't been able to clean his poop fest up yet. Plus, I'm worried that once he's free from his carseat he'll strip down again and we'll have a repeat episode.
I take the kids through the Wendy's drive thru. I allow Maddie to get a chili on the condition that she guard it with her life so none gets on the car. She spills 80% of it all over the back of the car and blames me for not giving her the lid with it. I blame myself for giving it to her at all.
I pull into the driveway at home to find part of my roof has blown off and is bent and two inches of rain have been forecast for tonight.
I freak out and call Ben to rush home, so now he's irritated with me about leaving early. However, this phone call comes after 4:45, so it isn't so early...
Maddie gets Mylie screaming and Andrew screaming. I take all of the kids into the house. I start feeding Mylie and within five minutes Zack appears from the basement without pants or a pull up, yet in major need of baby wipes... So, now there are special treasures upstairs and in the basement. I am tempted to set up Ben's paycheck to just be direct deposited into Stanley Steemer's bank account.
Ben arrives home and climbs onto the roof in the rain to try to secure the bent piece of roofing.
I go into the kitchen to find that Andrew has eaten an ENTIRE loaf of sandwich bread. He has left a very high pile of crusts for me.
Zack comes running through the kitchen at top speed wearing fairy wings and runs right into the table which sends him riccocheting into a chair. He is stunned, cries briefly, then takes off once again.
Maddie is complaining that none of the five million things I have offered her for dinner sound good.
Andrew surfaces from the basement telling me he's sorry that he forgot where we keep the toilets, which is code Andrew for another pair of underwear getting thrown away.
Ben uses duct tape, liquid nails, and a staple gun to temporarily fix the roof. He comes in to lie down on the couch for a little breather, at which point Zack appears at his side out of nowhere and proceeds to stuff Ben's mouth full of miniature marshmallows. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Unfortunately, I was laughing too hard to get the video camera.
Ben and I are trying to figure out how we are going to deal with this craziness, since we are leaving tomorrow to go to North Carolina to stay with the Rachel and Chris Gee and to see Ben's brother John wrestle for VMI in a tournament. We are planning on leaving in the early afternoon tomorrow. We get a phone call at about 8pm. It's the missionaries reminding us that we have signed up to feed them dinner tomorrow. We had totally forgotten. They will now be receiving a pizza courtesy of the Burton family.
I call my sister, Brooke, to complain about my day, but she can't talk because her 22 month old daughter has coated their basement in peanut butter. Brooke tells me she needs to borrow some plastic bags for Bracken's preschool class snack. She takes longer to come over than I expected. A pipe had started to leak at her house.
Ben and I are exhausted, but it is just dawning on me that there are no sheets on our bed. Fortunately, they are clean and in the dryer...
2 comments:
Okay, you're right. After reading that blog post I'm thinking we might be done at two kids. I would say we were done with one, but it's a little too late for that. I hope things got better!
Arrggh! How do you do this? My blood pressure rises just from reading your blog. Poop is the worst--k had one last month and it took my parents and my husband all afternoon to finally clean it up. How do you do this by yourself and not go insane? You are supermom!
--Ivy
Post a Comment