Thursday, March 15, 2007

Rise and Shout the Cougars are Out!


My brother Josh just learned he was accepted into BYU. He is excited to be the fourth of the four Lee kids to attend BYU. His girlfriend was accepted weeks and weeks ago, but of course Josh took his time getting his application in. Still, he got in and will be a Cougar after all! We're so proud of him.


Upon learning his news, we planned a big celebration for him at a local Chipotle restaurant. Brooke and her kids all arrived decked out in BYU apparell and blue and white. My kids came with BYU written in blue on their cheeks, and Justin brought blue and white balloons.


It won't be long now until Josh is familiar with the campus lingo. For example, all cougars know that the Spencer W. Kimball Tower abbreviated as SWKT on campus maps is referred to as the "Swicket." How else would you pronounce SWKT? I can't even remember what the MARB actually stands for. I will never forget that I attended many a foreign language class at the "syphilis" (SFLC or Smith Family Living Center).


Soon Josh will forget what a snow day is. You don't miss school for snow, you just walk to class wet and freezing. He will learn the glory of the Cannon Center, the delightful cafeteria of dorm dwellers. He may discover the cult of tunnel singers. He will enjoy the new library, which isn't so new any more I suppose, but was under construction the entire time I attended BYU.


He has bypassed the years of Olympic road widening on I-15, and will never appreciate the Hell of riding a bus from Provo to Salt Lake. However, he will also miss out on the bizarre stories that only someone who rides the bus from Provo to Salt Lake will know.


Congratulations, Josh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for Josh coming out to BYU! Does this mean the whole family will come drop him off? I think you all should plan a trip to Utah this summer!! Come and visit!!
Megan

Anonymous said...

Hey Allie! I love reading your blog....YAY for Josh! I can't wait to see that funny kid on a regular basis!!! Ra ra ra ra ra!!!!! Gooooo Cougars!
-Heather