This is a big deal in any family, I know, but it is an extremely big deal when not only are you the youngest child, but the only son. How else could you explain this neon sign hanging over my dad's front door:
(OK, it was created for Ben and my wedding reception, but it also goes well over the door when it is inauguration and when Josh gets his mission call).
With Jessie and Taylor on speaker phone, Brooke's family video conferencing and my family actually there, we were very eager to learn where Josh was called.
Elder Joshua Lee will be leaving for the MTC on April 22, 2009 and will be serving in the California San Bernardino mission.
Yay, Josh! We're so excited for you!
Here is a conversation between Josh and Zack before Josh opened his call:
J: Zack where do you think I'm going to go?
Z: Ummmm... on a mission!
J: When Uncle Josh goes on a mission, where will Uncle Josh be?
Z: Uh, Grandpa's house.
J: No, they will send me to another place. What other place might they send me?
Z: Oh. Mexico.
This was no where nearly as funny as the conversations that Maddie has had with Josh over the years. Here is a conversation between Josh and Maddie when Maddie was three:
J: Maddie do you go to school?
M: Yep.
J: What's the name of your school?
M: Satan's preschool.
Maddie attended St. David's preschool...
This is from right before Maddie turned 4:
M: You shouldn't pick your nose, Josh.
J: Why is that, Maddie?
M: Because you might go to hell.
J: Who told you that?
M: My mom. We talked about it.
Josh has that conversation on video and it is hilarious. For the record, I told her that when people make bad choices, they are not able to return to live with God. She asked me where they go, and I told her there is a place called Hell for people who make lots of bad choices. Obviously, picking your nose isn't a good choice...
This is Maddie and Josh when Maddie was barely 7:
J: Maddie, I miss you! You never come over any more. Why don't you ever come have a sleep over with Uncle Josh any more?
M: Well, I'm pretty sure it's illegal.
Oh, Maddie, it's not like the two of you would even share a room at Grandpa's house...
We will miss the conversations that my kids have with Josh while Josh is away on his mission.
Well, Andrew might not. He was in tears yesterday after Josh asked him to stand a little closer to the fire so he could roast him and have him for dinner.
6 comments:
Yay! THanks for posting this Allie! I called my mom this morning & she had already heard last night from Josh himself! Word travels fast!
So Alllie, you always make me laugh and smile. This was a happy way to start my day. Please keep us posted on the latest insightful conversations of your humorous family. Congratulations to Josh!
I will pass the tidbit about Hell and nosepicking on to my 5 year old............
I'm so excited for him! What a great way to open the call - all technology being used and everyone "there" if at least virtually.
I love all of the photos of your kids on this blog!!
I also love all of the hilarious Maddie stories... they still crack me up!
I just read this. Oh my gosh...I still have tears dripping down my nose: Satan's preschool? Pretty sure that's illegal? Going to hell? THAT is one funny kid you've got there.
Post a Comment