The busier life gets, the less time there is for blogging. This is unfortunate, because the busier life gets the more there is to blog about.
School is finally out. I am looking forward to this fall, when I no longer have to meet a kindergarten bus at 10:55 every morning rain, shine, sleet, pollen filled spring, etc.
Maddie will be in fourth grade in the fall. She was accepted into the gifted and talented program, so she is very excited about that.
Andrew will be in first grade which means that he gets to have lunch at school and recess at the "real" playground and can go to school AND come home from school on the bus with Maddie.
Zack and Mylie will be attending the same preschool in the fall. It is one that none of our kids have gone to before, but is very close to our house. Zack will be there five days a week, which we're hoping will help him with his speech issues and also get him ready for kindergarten. Mylie will be at the preschool twice a week and on these days she and Zack will both be at school at the same time, which means for the first time in nine years, I will have everyone simultaneously at school for at least three hours.
I am so looking forward to the possible ways I can use this time. Errand running without complaining children? Cleaning up without a mess being created in another room as I clean? Visiting a friend without bringing a small village with me?
Andrew and I went to Texas the week before school ended and we had such a fun time visiting the Allens. We explored Brooke's fabulous house and neighborhood, we went to the pool, we visited numerous fun restaurants, we went to the gym, we went to the famous Austin Bat Bridge and saw thousands and thousands of bats fly out from under the bridge to feed. I was even able to attend a baby shower that Brooke's friends threw for her. It was so fun! We had a great time.
The next two weeks are going to be potty training weeks for Mylie. As is the case for most parents, potty training is one of my very least favorite duties as a parent. The poor child will be three in two weeks and is still in diapers, because her mother has procrastinated this life lesson as long as possible.
We have progressed in our potty training to the point that Mylie adores panties and will change into them without telling us. However, as great as her love of panties is, it equals her loathing of the toilet. It is currently not a good scenario, but we have hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
welcome back & congrats on this fall with all of the kiddos attending school.
YAY for the new post! Can't wait to see photos from your trip to visit Brooke. Good luck with the potty training, I totally understand that it might be another month for another new post, until she's clean and dry full time. I can't even think about potty training now... yikes!
Hooray! Good to hear the updates! I didn't know Mads was accepted into GT, but I'm not at all suprised! Potty training does NOT sound fun! Good luck with that!
You know what I've been through with potty training: I want all the gory details and you aren't allwowed to post that potty-training Mylie is a breeze. My friend just did that and I'm still recovering from the gagging I wanted to do as I read about it.
Are things severe enough to threaten her with large and scary spiders?
Regarding the potty training that is...
Post a Comment