Friday, November 27, 2009

I am grateful for many things, but did not list them in this post

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We experienced Thanksgiving with just our family of six for the first time that I can remember. It was low key. Sorry, Norman Rockwell, my kids didn't all have an appreciation for the traditional Thanksgiving dinner but I still slaved on it for hours (and made sure Ben did too).

This is what dinner looked like at the Burton home:



Zack and Mylie each had a bite or two then decided it was too gross to finish and ran downstairs.

Andrew was a bit more polite with, "May I please be excused? I think I need to throw up..."

Oh well, I expected this reaction. They ate mac and cheese later.

Here is how our turkey turned out:



We also made apple turkeys which has been a family tradition since I was little. Andrew and Zack usually make some sort of monster or dinosaur or alien. Remember, I already said they were non-traditionalist...







At one point, I looked up, and just like the cat that ate the canary, here is Mylie with her mouth full of "turkey feathers."


So, that was our Thanksgiving....

Now for a bit of blog catch up:

Zack gets himself ready for church:




He chose three separate articles of clothing that had at some point been worn to church. I wouldn't let him wear this particular combo to church, but was impressed by his effort so I took some pictures.

Maddie got her ears pierced about an hour after her soccer season ended. She has been waiting for me to take her for quite a while, but it seems like she always had a sport going on. We figured out that we had just enough weeks between soccer and basketball, so we set of for Claire's in the mall. If you watch the video, you will see Andrew is all over the place. Also, the music on the video was what was playing on the store sound system.


5 comments:

megan&steve said...

Maddie is all grown up with her ears looking pretty!
Great work with the Turkey, and the apple turkey decorating. I still haven't made Thanksgiving dinner myself and I've almost been married 6 years!
I did bring some desserts and side dishes, of course... I helped a little.

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I didn't know she got her ears pierced! I had to wait until I was 17, so she is a very lucky girl! The kids look so cute at Thanksgiving dinner and it looks delicious!! Well done!

Heather and Dave said...

That's so FUN for maddie to have pierced ears :) That turkey looked delicious...nice work. At least you'll have lots of yummy leftovers for you and ben to enjoy. And the kids will love turkey sandwiches too. Cute post :)

Carr Family said...

I love the apple turkeys!! What a fun Thanksgiving tradition!

Brooke said...

What?? Maddie didn't even flinch? What a brave girl! I loved Andrew dancing to the super-fab music at Claire's...oh Gwen Stefani how you take me back to my high school days!