Saturday, November 07, 2009

Photo overload

If you keep a blog and life gets busy and you miss a few posts, then you know what it is like to face the daunting task of getting caught up.

Our past few weeks have been filled with strep, H1N1, a trip out to Utah for my Grandpa Lee's funeral, seeing family, soccer and football, class parties, church parties, Halloween parties in general, Zack's 5th birthday, and so on...

So, I am uploading the pictures that have been eating my camera's memory lately. We'll start with the monsters I took with me on the flight to Utah. Fortunately, they were actually quite well-behaved.



Pictures of my Grandpa and Grandma Lee:

Mylie and Ruby playing with the marble toy which all of the grandkids and great-grandkids have loved for years:



The grandkids visiting Grandma Marilyn's grave:



Brooke told me she thought her new baby Lexi looked a little bit like the tiny alien from the 80s movie 'Flight of the Navigator' and when I came across this picture on my camera it validated her statement:

Maddie and Brody at the Outlet playground in Park City:



Zack's "Cousin birthday party/Uno bash" at Park City



Who wouldn't want to smile insanely cheesily when they are given an enormous cupcake cake for their birthday a week before their actual birthday:

We went to the Skiing museum in Park City and they had the coolest stuff on display like these cool things you may have recognized from the Salt Lake Olympics:








Cousin time in Lehi at Aunt Jessie and Uncle Taylor's neighborhood Halloween party:



Zack turns 5 years old:






The kind of cake that Costco makes for you if your birthday is four days before Halloween:




Princess Mylie having no clue at all what the Halloween parade at preschool is all about:
Zack is in his first Halloween costume of the season:

Mylie rocking the nonchalant, casual pose:

Andrew's class "Harvest Party" apparently we don't use the word Halloween any longer when referring to Halloween activities:


Zack costume #2 of the Halloween season right before the Ward Trunk-or-Treat (now renamed Fall Festival):

Zack and his friend from soccer right before the game started:

Maddie moments after scoring a goal:


Grandpa Lee and Andrew the football kid with missing teeth (by the way, Zack has knocked out two of Andrew's baby teeth and one of the neighbor's baby teeth. Fortunately, all of the knocked out teeth were already loose and ready to come out, so if anyone is looking for some free tooth removal contact Zack) :

The annual pre-trick-or-treating porch shot (Zack onto costume #3):


The jack-o-lanterns:

I tried and tried to get a good shot of this, but Mylie kept moving. She came in to show me she had "made her own shoes." It's not a good picture, but you might be able to see that she had taken hair elastics and tethered multiple small toys to the top of her feet. Please consider this fashionable option in the future if you are someone who does not care about circulation or stepping on something sharp...

6 comments:

Bethany said...

I think my favorite is the shoes. You may have a fashion designer on your hands. Oh wait, I just remembered that I also love Zach having "It's my birthday" written on his stomach. Love it. :)

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

so many great photos! Loved Zach just chilling on the couch with his shirt unbuttoned and presents all over him.
Also loved the shoes and all of the cute halloween pictures, and many many costume changes!

Heather and Dave said...

You all lead very busy lives! I don't know where you find the time to blog - but I'm sure glad you do :) I only have one child and it seems I never have time for anything anymore. It was so fun seeing you for like a second while you were in town...looks like you had lots of fun. Loved all the halloween costumes, or fall festival costumes? (weird!) I also love little mylie chilling by the tree and the birthday photos. I'll keep zack in mind when molly starts having wiggly teeth. Thanks for the cute post!

Carr Family said...

Zach could host an "award show" with his well practiced costume changes.

It was fun seeing all the pictures of your busy going-on's.

Mugs said...

I can always count on atLEAST three big chuckles while reading your posts. This one gave me at least five. Especially the Flight of The Navigator comment. Oh man. Good stuff. You have been one busy lady. I hope your T-day is a vacation of sorts. Yeah right, huh?

Laura said...

mylie and her shoes...what a cutie!