Friday, October 02, 2009

Thirty Minutes Twice a Week

Zack has thirty minute sessions of speech therapy at the local elementary school twice a week. Mylie is too restless to sit quietly in the school and wait for him, so we usually sit in the parking lot. Here is a small sampling of how she spends her time in the car:


















Mylie has an unfortunate desire to have her hair look awful at all times. I do her hair each morning and she undoes it ten minutes later. I can only get her to let me do her hair by telling her that spiders will think her hair is a messy web and crawl into it if I don't brush it.

Here are more pictures of her and her sassy little self:





Oh, and speaking of Zack's speech therapy... It is only thirty minutes long so we can't afford to be even one minute late. I call Zack downstairs so we can get into the car. We are cutting it close with time, so I am surprised when he saunters down the stairs in full costume. I ask him to quickly take off his costume so we can go, and he tells me all he has underneath is his underwear. So, today Buzz Lightyear went to speech. He was such a hit with everyone he passed that, on our way home, he told me he was never going to change out of his costume.


8 comments:

megan&steve said...

Mylie in purple with the white hairbow, looks just like you.
Go Buzz Lightyear!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I thought that same thing about that photo of Mylie.
Oh Buzz. To infinity and beyond! I love how proud he looks in that last photo.

Heather and Dave said...

Oh wow - i loved the photos. Mylie is quite the little gymnast in the car :) Hope the speech therapy is helping little buzz! You should put a video of the little lightyear on here!

Mugs said...

30 minutes with Mylie or Allie would be mighty entertaining. What a cute, funny kid. A chip off the old block, I'd say.

Weed Family said...

silly kids. i love the handstands in the frontseat :) good to see you the other day, let's do it again soon.

Lauren said...

That is too funny. James opts for underwear only so we are usually just barely making it to all our pick ups. Your Mylie is so cute - I love kids with personality.

alexandra said...

This cracked me up! I love it when kids wear costumes just out and about on a regular day. So wonderful.

rachel said...

pretty much this makes me laugh. I can just see it. These have to be long days. I love how many positions she can think of it actually reminded me of when Ethan is reading to me after school. He tends to try and read upside down.