Thursday, October 01, 2009

What the kids are saying

Upon passing a dead deer along the side of the road:

Zack: Oh, what a shame...
Me: What?
Zack: That poor dead baby girl reindeer.
Me: How did you know it was a girl?
Zack: I looked at its eye brows.

I don't really even know what he means by that, but I found it amusing.

Upon seeing a gigantic crow sitting on a fence:

Mylie: A bird!!!
Me: That big black bird is called a crow.
Mylie: NOOOOOO! It's not called a crow, it's called a bird!
Me: A crow says "Caw! Caw!"
Mylie: NOOOOOO! A bird says "Tweet, Tweet."

While making sandwiches for lunch recently:

Me: Do you want strawberry jelly or grape jelly?
Mylie: I want PEANUT BUTTER jelly.

After going to lunch with some friends for my birthday:

Zack: Who gave you those presents?
Me: My friends.
Zack: You have friends?

2 comments:

megan&steve said...

Happy Happy birthday in a few hours!!!!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

So funny!
I was really confused by the second quote because at first I read it as "big black cow"