I have had so much fun opening magazines lately and seeing my articles in them. I have sold several articles to the Friend over the past few years. They purchase them and the contract states that they may or may not end up in print. With the exception of the article that was in the New Era, I have not been notified beforehand when one of my articles may show up in the magazine. I was only notified about the New Era article because it was going to be translated for distribution in the Liahona as well. So, I was really surprised when I opened my October Friend and found another of my articles this month as well.
I wrote the article, "Andrew's Example" when Andrew was five and still in preschool. He had a little friend named Sarah and he adored her. We were always hearing about when he and Sarah got married and moved to Disney World, etc. So, rather than using Mylie's name I used Sarah's. I really regret that choice now, but when I wrote it and wasn't even certain they would buy the story, I went with the other name. Mylie would have loved to have seen her name in print. Lesson learned. Hopefully Mylie will inspire a story of her own in the coming years. My brother Josh was also unhappy that I used the name Cannon in my story "Cannon's Commitment" that was published in the March 2007 Friend, because the story was about him and he wanted everyone to know that. Oh well. If a story about a boy named Jake shows up in the Friend in the coming months, you have now been made aware that "Jake" is also Josh.
Anyway, the story about Andrew and Mylie was made into a cartoon for the "Little Friends" section, and thus has been made into a little video for little kids to watch. I had to download a program to be able to view it, but you may already have that program and I can't even remember what the plug-in was.
Anyway, here's the link to 'Andrew's Example'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing, Allie. Feel free to use the name "Jake" or "Abby" in upcoming stories too. hahah.
Awesome Allie! You're so talented.
How cool! I had no idea! I just read your article to miles recently. Isn't it time to write a full fledged book Allie? I know you could do it, and it would make everyone happy!!!
Post a Comment