Our roads in the neighborhood are AWFUL. We've had plows come through a few times, but it has not been sufficient.
We had a great Christmas and New Year. My sisters and their families came to town for Christmas and my kids enjoyed a big Lee cousin fest.
Andrew and Maddie started their basketball season and we've had fun watching them play. Andrew is surprisingly aggressive and has made baskets, grabbed rebounds, and even stolen the ball from the other team on occasion.
We've scheduled a trip to go to Disney World with my dad at the end of May. My kids are very excited to go and Zack and Andrew come to my room to have me measure them almost every day so they can figure out which rides they will be tall enough to ride. The other day Ben and I got a good laugh out of watching Andrew use his hands to try to pull his head higher and make himself taller. Then Andrew got very angry at the fact we laughed at that, because he "wasn't trying to be funny."
During the snow days lately, we've been busy repainting bedrooms and reorganizing furniture. Our bedroom situations tend shift based on which children are getting along. Two kids share rooms, two kids get their own rooms. Currently, the two girls get their own rooms. The boys had been getting along for a few weeks. Their truce ended once their new shared bedroom was finished being painted. We're hoping that they can strike their friendship back up and restore peace in the home. If not, we will just enjoy the fact that their bedroom is in the basement.
Zack has had more hearing issues lately. His ears are filled with fluid again and he failed his hearing test at the pediatrician's office. We took him back to his pediatric otolaryngologist (Ear, nose and throat doctor). He said we needed to give Zack two more months to see if his ears could drain on their own. If not, then the doctor will need to figure out what is up with Zack's ears and maybe put another round of tubes in his ears. Zack's hearing test at the otolaryngologist with a specialized audiologist showed that Zack has 25% hearing in one ear and 30% in the other. Clearly, this is a major issue and is really impacting his life. Zack has so many speech issues and it is hard to resolve them without being able to hear well. He is also SOOOOOO loud, but doesn't realize it. It is hard when he is really loud in church or out in public and I can't just softly ask him to quiet down. I do think he may be reading lips, though, because even the doctors were surprised by how reduced his hearing is, because he is managing it fairly well.
Mylie is hilarious these days. She has a delightful personality and a silly sense of humor. She likes to make faces at us and she loves to bring her my little ponies (or her "Mylie Ponies" as she thinks they're called) everywhere we go. She also carries around her five Backyardigan beanie babies and her two baby Disney princess dolls. Lots of times she pushes the whole lot around in a toy shopping cart. I hope she's not destined to be a bag lady! She's also quite into drawing and eyelashes are her specialty. No eyeball is complete without eyelashes that often extend longer than the arms she draws.
We're all doing well, despite suffering from a mild case of cabin fever. I'm looking forward to a normal schedule where kids go to school and sports practices and I can get things done without a million "I'm bored" and "I'm hungry" interruptions.
6 comments:
HALLELUJAH!! I thought for sure it wouldn't have an update - but I check back every few days just in case :) What crazy snow storms!! I can't believe it's dumped so much out there...and that you've been cooped up inside and not found the time to update the blog-i-o...but it's fine. Glad to hear you have a fun Disney vacation to look forward to and that all is well with you guys. Hilarious about "mylies ponies" and that she totes around her "crew" of favorite toys. Too cute. We love and miss all of you guys!!
Cabin fever for sure. Looks like you busted out a few games and have been rearranging furniture to stay busy!
Good to hear your internet is still working with all of the snow. Keep us posted on the fun.
DisneyWorld end of May?!? Did you know I live 6 & 1/2 hours from there? Mapquest told me so.
Cute pictures of all the kids in striped pjs! I'm glad you guys are doing well -- despite Zach's ears -- I hope it isn't painful for him though.
How fun for you all to be together for the holidays. I bet your kids love it when all their cousins are in town.
Ah, I love your updates. That snow really does look insane and I relate to the cabin fever. And I'm jealous about Disneyworld. I'm sorry about your little boy's ear troubles. I hope the fluid drains out on its own so he can hear again. I have a little niece who is already 2 years old but only has 3 or 4 words, and doctors think it may be because of her tubes and multiple ear infections throughout her life. I don't know why she hasn't been tested like your son. And I wish my son could draw eyelashes. Or anything other than "snakes" (long lines) and "o's" (squiggles upon squiggles).
That is a LOT of snow! Wow. I'll bet your kids love it, and that you are ready for summer! I think I might cry if it snows one more time in Utah.
Post a Comment