Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

We spent New Year's Eve with good friends. It was the first time my three younger kids and I have left the house since Monday (unless you count a quick run to the pediatrician). I finally feel like we are getting over this bug. There were, however, moments of being sick when I truly wondered if perhaps it really was going to kill me off. It turns out it didn't and I only pray that my immune system has figured out this illness and made me immune to another bout of it in the future.

We had a really fun time at the New Year's party eating delicious homemade pasta, playing fun games, and having a good time with each other. The kids also had a great time, although many of them were too loud, too sugared, to exhausted, and too wound up by the end of the evening.

2010 was a good year. We had some great times, some scary times, some faith testing times, and many times to be grateful for.

Big events on the 2011 horizon for us include:
*My brother Josh returning from his two year LDS mission
*Maddie graduating from elementary school and starting middle school
*My sister Jessie having her second baby
*My brother-in-law Will getting married to his now fiancee Catalina (they got engaged at midnight, so quite a way for them to start 2011)
*Mylie starting kindergarten

...and these are just the things we already know about. We hope many more new and wonderful and exciting things lay ahead for us in 2011 (and for you as well).

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Josh is already coming home? I feel like he just left. Crazy. And Jessie is having a baby? I guess I need to go check her blog! It looks like 2011 is going to be exciting!

Heather and Dave said...

2011 sounds like it will be great :) Can't believe all your kids will be in elementary school - and Maddie in MIDDLE school? CRaZy!!!! Just watched the face exercise video - hilarious - but glad I now know the secret to no face wrinkles ;)

Weed Family said...

The big events of 2011 are so hard to believe! Josh returning from his mission?! Maddie going to middle school?! Wow