Mylie is a girlie girl. She loves pink, jewelery, purses, and she has an affinity for Minnie Mouse. She has at least nine different Minnie Mouse dolls and we seem to always have at least one with us everywhere we go. Unfortunately, Mylie's hair seems to be cursed so please excuse the fact that she looks a bit like a street urchin in this picture. She is very much enjoying the cake at Andrew's combing Blue and Gold Banquet/Pinewood Derby. This was the evening that she decided it was easier to tuck Minnie into her shirt than to carry her by hand.

Andrew LOVES Pokemon. He can tell you what region any Pokemon comes from, each of their stages of evolution, what their best attacks are, etc. He told us in the car the other day that he is a Pokemon Master. He also told us that if Pokemon ever become real on earth, he will be able to train any of them, because he is that good. He designed a Pokemon racer for the pinewood derby and won the award Most Decals.

Subdued excitement...

I recently hosted a bridal shower for my now sister-in-law Catalina. She married Ben's younger brother Will. Here are some shots of the spread:



Here are some shots of the present opening:

Catalina is from Chile. Ben and his brother John both served Chilean missions and are so excited to have someone to speak Chilean spanish with. Will served in Barcelona, Spain. He said the Spanish there is a bit different. Maybe it is like having an English conversation with someone from Ireland or Scotland, I don't know since I don't speak much Spanish.



These next two pictures were on my camera and I loved them so much that I had to put them on. They are clearly taken moments after I did something to ruin Zack's life. Maybe it was that I cruelly took him to Wendy's for a frosty? Who knows, but it is painfully clear that he is not happy with me. Oh well...


Will and Catalina's wedding day was beautiful, but quite windy. Zack looks like he is trying overly hard to be good (we told him he would get the DS game he has been asking for if he could control his behavior all day). Look at his hands.

My kids were very excited to see their Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Scott who flew in from Colorado for the wedding. They are very excited for Suzanne and Scott's first baby who will be arriving late August. This will be my kids very first cousin on the Burton side!

Zack is trying to kiss Andrew in this next picture. Andrew wasn't cool with the plan, but I forgot to put the picture in where Andrew is trying to get away.

Waiting patiently for the grand arrival of the married couple...

I should have bribed Maddie, apparently, as the next shot documents her going in for a slap to Andrew's face. For shame, and on the grounds of the temple... Grandfather Lee now has some proof of Maddie's antics. She pulls a good Eddie Haskell when he's around.

Sometimes beauty can only be recognized with the perfect pose... Clearly, Mylie hasn't found that pose yet...

We tried to get a family shot while waiting for the Bride and Groom to come out of the temple, but the wind, and the sun, and Mylie were not necessarily helping. Also, that is a fountain behind my head, I am not wearing some sort of white feathery hat...


Finally!!! The Bride and Groom make their appearance!!!


I love this next candid shot. I wish I knew what was going on in each of their minds (especially Zack's).

I love this next picture too. What a great father and son shot!

The men of the Burton side:




Truly my very favorite picture of all I captured that day. I REALLY want to know what was going on in Zack's mind in this shot. He reminds me of Martin Short in the movie Clifford, when his uncle tells him to try to just look like a normal boy and Clifford tries but can't. Click the picture to make it larger for its full effect.

Another interesting mix of creepiness from my boys. Zack's hands just look so unnatural this way.


Zack loves his Uncle Sam. He's missed him while he's been off at the Air Force Academy. Sam was Will's best man at the wedding. We're glad he was able to make it. Kent and Winnie got the surprise phone call from Will the night before the wedding from Sam saying he had fallen asleep at the airport and missed his flight. They got him on a new flight, but he didn't get in until around 2AM and flew into Baltimore (over an hour from the Burton's house).

Cute or creepy?

Catalina's godmother flew in from Chile for the wedding and is not a member of the church so she wasn't able to attend the temple ceremony. This picture is from the ring ceremony at the wedding luncheon. My boys were the ring bearers.

Again, the boys humor me...

It was a beautiful wedding. Zack earned his DS game.
5 comments:
I LOVE all of the pictures! I especially love the last picture, your boys will surely grow into being great friends some day. I also think the picture of Mylie posing at the temple is a classic. I can't wait until our kids are old enough to see these pictures of themselves and realize what crazy characters they were for us to deal with each day.
That was so sweet of you to host a bridal shower. The wedding attire was adorable.
I can't believe how soon your brother Josh gets home. FUN!
so many gems from this post! the kids are so funny and the wedding looked really pretty:)
What pretty pictures from a BEAUTIFUL wedding! I loved the details of the boys' funny faces - I laughed out loud at the "normal boy" one! haha. The clasped hands were totally hilarious. You dressed the girls so cute - aren't girls the best?! Matching is too fun! The bridal shower looked amazing. I want one of those cupcakes...mmmm! How fun you have a new sister in law and a new baby on the way this summer!! Wooohoooo for Burton Cousins!!
Your kids crack me up! He wanted that DS game bad! Kind of makes you wonder if he super glued his hands together, knowing in the end, it would all be worth it.
Post a Comment