I don't know how people handle life with a spouse on active military duty or husbands who travel all of the time. Ben is away for all of five days to Spain for his company's big sales kick-off. He's only been gone for three hours and I'm starting to wonder how many of the five of us he left behind are going to survive.
Maddie and I have already had a battle of wills. I think it ended in a draw. Either that, or I lost. I gave her a one hour break on the condition that when that one hour was over she would help me tidy things up. She agreed until time came to stop coloring and start helping. Then all of a sudden she was overcome with acute exhaustion and said she was worried she might be coming down with the flu.
Zack, on the other hand, truly has had the flu and I'm just crossing my fingers that his throwing up is over and that no one else gets sick.
Mylie was up every few hours last night and I can't tell if it is from teeth coming in or from kicking off her covers and getting chilly. Either way, she and I spent quite a long time together last night in the exact opposite of sleep.
Andrew has been a good helper. He was very good at helping me with the laundry and doing a few other tasks I gave him. Of course, seeing Andrew obeying just made Maddie even angrier for some reason.
Last night I took Maddie and Andrew to Maddie's elementary school for the first grade family movie night. The kids went in pajamas and got free popcorn and bottled water. Maddie and Andrew loved sprawling out on the blanket we brought and chowing down. However, we were camped at an angle that was difficult to see the movie screen, so as soon as they were done with their popcorn and drinks they were ready to leave.
Before we left, however, Andrew decided he desperately needed to use the toilet. We got to the bathroom as quickly as we could and I had to once again explain to Andrew why we were going to the girls' bathroom and not the boys'. Once inside, rather than bee-lining it to a stall, Andrew stood outside doing a little dance to keep from wetting his pants while doing his own rendition of "Eeeny Meeny Miney Moe." I am happy to report that he was able to successfully select a stall and did not have an accident.
It is almost 6:30 and Maddie, Zack, and Mylie are all asleep. This could be good, or this could be VERY, VERY bad. Although I enjoy the peace and quiet that I am momentarily experiencing, I'm dreading the possibility of three super charged children and one very tired parent. Waking them up right now would also be a bad idea. So, it looks like I've got a bit of Russian Roulette going on with my three nappers. I'm hoping they all sleep through until the morning.
Now I better go get some things accomplished while I have the chance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry the kids have been so hard for you while I've been gone. Thanks for being a good mom.
Post a Comment