Saturday, April 21, 2007

Covered in life

Life has swamped us once again. Ironically, I am always frustrated when I check other blogs that have not been updated. However, I am as guilty as they are (or more so). A whole lot of nothing has been going on around here.


We had the usual random illnesses. Mylie had pink eye, as did Brooke's daughter Abbie. Zack had some strange stomach bug, as did Brooke's son Bracken.


We are still duct taping Zack's clothing together, because the few times we have forgotten to do so, he has punished us in the most unpleasant fashion.


Ben took down the boys bunk beds and replaced them with matching toddler beds in an attempt to encourage Zack to sleep in a bed rather than the floor. It is working so far.


Mylie is now nine months old. She has six or seven teeth. She has moved in with Maddie, more or less. She is in a portable crib currently, since we have yet to move her real crib from our room into her new room. Ben and I can sleep much better now. Maddie, however, has told us she has to cover her head with a pillow because Mylie can be loud.




Andrew took a very long shower yesterday. When I went in to check on him and tell him to get out, he was very startled by me opening the shower curtain and exclaimed, "Aaaahh! What are you doing?!?!" He was standing in an odd pose, which startled me, so I exclaimed back, "What are you doing?!?!" He replied, "I am trying to turn into an alien and I am not finished yet." So I gave him another minute or two in the shower, because there are somethings you just can't rush. (He did not turn into an alien, despite the extra time alotted).

Our family has joined a gym in the past few weeks, and it has been fun. The kids love the childcare area, because it has a computer lab, sports court, big screen tv, a climbing structure with a slide, an outdoor playground, and a very nice staff. The kids also like that the gym has a pool with a big spiraling water slide. However, after Zack threw up in the pool and they had to close the whole pool down, we haven't ventured back to the pool again...

The weather is finally starting to turn nice. It is supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow. I can't wait! I like to set my kids clothes out for the week in a day of the week hanging rack that they each have. It has been tricky to do that lately, since somedays are warm and others are freezing.

We are planning another trip to Disney World for this fall. Disney is doing another "Free Dining" promotion, so we're going back for more fun. Brooke's family is going the week before we go, but we will be overlapping by a day or two, so that will be fun. We're going to stay at the Beach Club this time. Maddie is excited about the pool they have at that hotel. It should be fun.

Josh and my dad just returned from a three week trip through out Israel and Egypt. They spent Easter in Jerusalem. Very cool. Josh celebrated his 18th birthday over there.





Well, Jessie wanted me to update my blog more often. I hope this little update will suffice until you come home next week, Jess.



Oh, and before I forget, Andrew came up the stairs this afternoon with this "piece of art" for his art show he has decided to have tomorrow. We're so proud...



...and finally, one more thing to add to 'Mom's say the darndest things':

"Zachary, get your thumb out of my nostril!" Oh the many joys of motherhood.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allie, thanks for the update!!
I'm hoping to start a blog, or babywebsite soon! I check your blog alllll the time for cute updates and I love it!!
Cousin Megan