Today, my beloved Dell laptop died far before its time. It was involved in a tragic accident. Actually, I'm not quite sure how accidental...but tragic? Yes, yes. The final moments are all a blur to me. I was upstairs changing Mylie's diaper, when I hear Andrew shouting something about Zack giving my computer a drink. The next thing I remember I am mopping Peach Fresca from my laptop and Zack is cowering in tears near my feet. I'm still hoping for a miracle, as I sadly write this entry from my ancient desktop computer. My iPod has more memory capacity than this four year old museum-ready device. Ben thinks there may be a chance that my laptop can be saved, but I'm ready to pull the plug...
What else can I say about today?
Maddie was good.
Mylie was good.
Andrew shoplifted a ball from the Disneystore and had a sad moment when he and Ben went to return it.
Life lessons are hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Allie, I'm sorry to hear about the laptop accident! Sometimes, at least with cell phones, if you let them have time to dry-either with a blow dryer or just on its own, it comes back to life! Good luck to you. Electronics are expensive to replace.
Allie, I hope your laptop is fixed by the time you are reading this--but about 3 years ago, miss Caroline vomited all over my laptop--don't ask--and I let it dry out and then cleaned it out the best I could and it still works today! The keys stick a little, but I can live with that. Don't give up hope!
i came back to poke around some more and this story is SO sad. Poor Andrew. Poor Dell. Poor YOU!!
Post a Comment