There are a ton of July birthdays in the family. My mom's birthday is July 6th, Taylor's is July 8th, Ben's brother Will's is the 15th, Mylie and Justin's is the 19th, my Dad's is the 25th, and Brooke's is the 31st.
I can't believe Mylie is already one. Although, strangely enough, I am enjoying this phase of all of my kids gradually getting more settled into life.
Mylie's birthday party was a combined party with Uncle Justin, thus we celebrated it at Brooke's house. When I saw the extensive icing smearing Mylie created on the high chair there it was a comfort to know I could back home to our clean high chair. OK, no, I hosed off her high chair and the kids, and inadvertantly Ben who had stepped under the deck at the wrong moment.
Here are some pictures from the big day. Marvel at what my youngest is able to accomplish with her own bare hands. I am so proud. I especially enjoyed her post cake snack on the cardboard the cake had been resting on:
Mylie LOVES her Tickle Me Elmo from her Grandfather. I have never seen a baby giggle so hard as the first time she watched Elmo start laughing. She is really into Elmo and she also received an elmo and zoe purse and other assorted Sesame Street items.
I wish I had my new laptop battery so I could share more pictures from other days as well. Brooke and I recently took our kids to a playground and we got some good pictures of the cousins while we were there.
Another recent highlight was when my dad took me and Maddie to see 'Phantom of the Opera' at the Kennedy Center. Maddie saw Phantom last summer on Broadway with her Grandma Winnie and fell in love with it. She has been begging my dad for some time to take her to see it when it came to DC. Have you ever heard of a child so spoiled by her grandparents? She loves every minute of it...
Maddie and Andrew have been out playing with the neighborhood kids the past few days. Andrew even got a new bike! He is still getting the hang of the importance of continuing momentum while pedaling. They've had a lot of fun. The only questionable experience was when I looked out the window to see Maddie goes past on her scooter topless. Apparently the kids had been playing with one of the neighbor's hoses and her shirt had gotten wet. She had been playing out with three boys between the ages of 4 and 6 and when they all removed their wet shirts she saw no problem with removing hers as well. So, on my list of things I never thought I would say, I can add asking my daughter to not scooter through the neighborhood topless.
6 comments:
Hurray!!! An update!!! Let's see, which is better the DARLING pictures of Mylie or the FANTASTIC story about Maddie careening around topless on her scooter. That is hilarious! And doesn't the voice in your head just chime in saying: huh, I never expected to have to say that out loud.
My sister played football without a shirt (like all the boys) well into elementary school...3rd or 4th grade. Eventually she figured out she was a girl though;)
Sounds like Maddie is a wild one like her aunt Jessie! ahahha.. just kidding. Mylie is 1, man that went by so quickly! I love the updates and can't wait to see you and your family for the wedding in October!
I love that last picture of Mylie with the entire cake plate empty. It looks like she absorbed half of the cake through her eye. We were at Karen Durham's wedding party last night and someone asked me if I'd ever met you and I can't remember! If not, it feels like it though because of blog world.
I can't believe Mylie is already 1. That is awesome. You must be feeling great. Hey Chris's friend is getting married in October in D.C. so we might be headed up to see you guys if you don't mind?When is Jessie getting married? Love the cake pictures.
Post a Comment