Yesterday, while Andrew was sitting at the table eating lunch, Zack came up behind him and quickly pushed Andrew's chair as hard as he could, pinning Andrew between the chair and the table. Andrew responded to this unjustice by yelling at the top of his lungs "I HATE YOU!!!!" When I forced a gasp and asked him what he just said (in my most "I'm the Mom" voice), he looked a little nervous and then replied, "Don't worry, Mom. That just means I love you in spanish." Gee, what a relief...
Yesterday, I finally took Maddie to spend some of her birthday money that she has been saving for the past two months. She bought herself a Webkin and decided to buy one for Andrew also. When we went to pick him up from preschool, she surprised him with it. This is the conversation that ensued:
Maddie: Andrew, I got you a surprise because I love you.
Andrew: Yay!
Maddie: Close your eyes and reach into this bag. No, Andrew I can see your eyes are not closed. Close your eyes and turn your head away! No, Andrew, I can see you looking in the window!
Andrew: Oh, sorry.
----he reaches into the bag and pulls out his webkin-----
Maddie: I got you a webkin!
Andrew: Yay!
Me: Give Maddie a thank you kiss.
-----I like to say things like this, but they never do it....until now---
Andrew: Hey, Maddie...I think that's the first time we ever gave a kiss.
Maddie: No, Andrew. I used to like you back when you were a baby.
Tonight Andrew begged to go to McDonald's for dinner. It is his favorite earthly establishment. He always orders chicken nuggets. Well, we decided to go through the Wendy's drive-thru instead, much to Andrew's dismay. From the distant back seat of the minivan, I heard this fabulous conversation:
Andrew: Hey, Maddie there's real chicken in these nuggets!
Maddie: Duh, Andrew. They're CHICKEN nuggets.
Andrew: Well, these have real chicken inside of them.
Maddie: They're CHICKEN nuggets.
Andrew: Well, McDonald's has pretend chicken in theirs.
Maddie: No, Andrew. Pretend would mean plastic and they cannot sell plastic nuggets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That was a HILARIOUS post!! I love those kids... maybe you should let me borrow them for a week?
Your kids are so funny! I can't wait until Halle and Cole have super sophisticated conversations from the back of the car. I can't wait right? Maybe I can wait...but Jeff and I notice the older they get, the more hilarious they get.
How I love your posts, let me count the ways:
1. Why we never got our kids together before I moved is beyond me. Whenever Mackey does ANYTHING off kilter, it's okay because how it's done in Spanish. Is universal in boyland?
2. Love Maddie's logic behind the chicken nuggets. Cuz, duh.
3. I love that your husband took a picture before helping Mylie.
Sooo much in common...
Allie,
I love it! Sounds like your kids are as funny as you are. I especially like that Andrew is a chicken nugget afficienado! Happy Thanksgiving!
Priceless conversations! Seriously, that is too cute!
What a crazy small world. I went to highschool with the georges.
Andrew-I love McDonald's too, but I actually do prefer Wendy's chicken nuggets. I especially like them when they are dipped in my frosty! Try it sometime! Cute post, Ally. These ones are my favorite. It gets me excited to have more kids.
Good luck with Zack and his surgery.
Post a Comment