Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Challenges

Well, challenges are good. Right? I suppose it depends on what your challenges may be. My challenges are good challenges, because they all end with a positive outcome.

Challenge #1: Potty Train Zack. We are on day seven of underwear. We have gone through many more pairs than seven pairs, but progress is being made. Zack's afraid of spiders and a little bird may have told him that spiders can smell wet or dirty diapers or "undry" underwear...

Challenge #2: Ben told me we can go to Disney World this fall IF I am able to come up with the money for it. Oh, craigslist, my dear, dear friend... The challenge is on!

Challenge #3: Start training for the half marathon that is in January. Baby steps... baby steps...

Challenge #4: Plan our summer schedule so that the kids can have fun, the house can stay clean, and Ben can work undisrupted in a home full of school-free children. This may prove to be my biggest challenge. Fortunately, the pool, the library, and many a playground are within walking distance.

Ben's brother, Will, left for the MTC last week. He'll be serving his mission in Barcelona, Spain. Will's roommate from Utah State (Josh's best friend, Matt) just received his mission call to serve in Barcelona also. What are the odds that you would get called to the same mission as your college roommate?

6 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm loving the spider idea...I'm gonna attempt to train Calvin in June. A social experiment of sorts. I want to catch him before he can really 'talk back'.

Heather G said...

You can do it!! Find some large ticket items to sell and DisneyWorld here you come!! (Maybe clean out some of the closets at DBL'S?!) You could find lots of goodies there!

Melodrama Mama said...

1. I am dying laughing over the little bird who warned Zack of the smell-sensitive spiders!
2. Good luck on the Craig's list challenge
3. Wow- I could never run any sort of race - I would wet my pants for sure. I know this because I tried.
4. It sounds like you will have a challenge keeping everyone busy this summer! All the more reason for the trip to Disney World!

alexandra said...

I actually think it was brave of you to entice potty use through fear rather than through bribes. Andrew is still occassionally requesting a "special treat" after he uses the potty (2 months later). Hopefully the sniffing spiders will put just enough fear in him to do the right thing!

Is it hard when summer break rolls around? My mother in law said that the first day of school was always her favorite day of the year.

Chris said...

Gotta love challenges. The Disney one is right up my ally. I am a Disney fan, would love to find money to go in the fall. Wish I had signed for the half marathon there. You go girl! Glad to be out of the potty training thing, although in two weeks it will be puppies, I don't think they wear diapers or care about spiders, darn. And quiet household in summer. Share those secrets sister, I am all ears. No nothing of a clean house here. :-0

Rachael said...

Have you seen The Waterhorse? We just watched it, and I couldn't help but think that the main little - or 'lit-el' - boy looked like he could have been one of yours. He was ADORABLE!!!!