Saturday, May 17, 2008

Kids These Days

My kids are fun. I keep telling myself this over and over and I have almost successfully convinced myself that it is true.

I love being a mom.



When you are a mom you are blessed with a special gift called mother's intuition. On a recent warm spring evening I intuitively knew it was a good idea for us to eat OUTSIDE since we had ordered Mac&Cheese for Mylie. You will notice that the spoon she is holding must be sheerly to help her keep her balance.





Here are shots of Zack keeping himself (and me) entertained while we wait 45 minutes for the doctor to come in for a 2 minute post-surgery follow-up.


We are still having a difficult time understanding Zachary. It is like learning another language to understand him. Although I have become fairly fluent in Zackese, I still haven't mastered it entirely and it leaves him feeling very frustrated. We have been having his progress monitored by Child Find in our county and he has one more loop to jump through before they grant him county funded speech aid.

Here is Andrew at his recent pre-school Mother's Day Tea. He was so worried that we wouldn't be able to go, because it was a "tea." He was very relieved that we could drink lemonade at it.

His preschool class also went on a field trip to Dominos and the kids were enthralled by the pizza making process, especially the OVEN which made the Dominos manager sooooo nervous.






Our field trip also included a trip to the local library where Andrew posed for this picture before running off like a cartoon character.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Kids are fun - and a LOT of work (in a good way)!! Elizabeth talks about tea and coffee a lot too - the thought of accidentally drinking it makes her very nervous. You have an adorable family - it is no surprise that your kids have soo much energy!

Weed Family said...

Cute kids. I love the pictures of Mylie in the mac and cheese. Max has been very insistent lately about eating his yogurt by himself. It is a very similar messy scene.

taylor said...

Hooray! A new post!!! Thank you for putting up such cute photos of my adorable nieces and nephews!! The "Cartoon" run pic of Andrew is the best!

Mugs said...

That picture of Mylie and the Mac N' Cheese face is awesome.

I dind't know about Zach's little language. I'm glad you guys only have one more hoop to jump through. That help will literally crack his little world wide open.

Rachael said...

Such cute kids! Love the cheese beard.
I get the 'my kids are fun'. My mantra has been 'my kids are characters'.

megan&steve said...

Allie, you are a great mom. A very funny mom too. Mylie and Mac & Cheese outside does sound like a wise choice. I hope things go well with Zach. That 3rd child syndrome... Jennifer, Jessie.. they turn out awesome though!

Ollie and Floyd said...

Allie Lee!
When I first clicked on the photo of Maddie I thought it was you for one split second and I had flashbacks to running down the halls of Scotts Run together and drinking all the Sunbeams' juice. I can't believe how big she is -- that can't mean that we have gotten older, too can it?
I love to read your posts on Toby's blog and always wish I could find out more about what you think and how you are. Then it dawned on me that YOU have a blog that I can check. So I will check it regularly from now on. Your kids are so cute and I know that with you as a mom they are having the happiest, most fun, and wonderful childhood imaginable.
Love
Jess

Melodrama Mama said...

Super cute pics! I think that blogging is therapy for me to take the nutty things that happen in my life and turn them into comic relief. Kids provide great material!