Life has been particularly joyous around here. This morning I discovered that the strange noise coming from my bathroom was truly just a special kind of curiosity in action stemming from a two-year-old's discovery of a plunger, Dad's toothbrush, and undenied access to a toilet. When will Ben ever learn to stop leaving his toothbrush in somewhere so exposed and accessible, like the bathroom vanity drawer? He really should opt for the much wiser and discreet location where my toothbrush now resides...the sock drawer. Yes, the socks are all freshly laundered, so not a big sacrifice. The downside to its relocation is that I now have to walk eight more steps to get from the dresser to the bathroom sink, versus the zero that Ben has to walk to get his toothbrush. The upside, I don't ever find my toothbrush doing the backstroke in the toilet bowl.
Maddie is signed up to play field hockey this fall. I hope she loves it. She went to a field hockey clinic last weekend and had a good time.


So did Zack.

Potty training Zachary is an ongoing process. I will spare you almost all of the details, but will tell you that after days of bribes that failed to spark any desire to poop in the toilet, I got desperate and told him that if he pooped in the toilet we would go to Busch-Gardens. Well, that got him to the toilet quickly to do his stuff. While I was impressed that it worked, every time since then when I asked him to try to poop in the toilet he would say, "I already did reNembuh? I did last week in your bafroom." So, mission not that successful.
We did have a really fun visit to Busch-Gardens. Zack and Maddie both have had growth spurts since our last trip and were able to each ride several new rides. We left Mylie with Josh, then Uncle Sam came to pick her up from Josh and take her to spend the day with Grandma Burton. It was so nice to do Busch-Gardens without a stroller.
One of my favorite moments was slowly riding up the first big hill and Andrew turns to me and says, "Well, there's no turning back now..."
Here they are with their 3-D glasses getting ready to ride 'Curse of DarKastle'.


Brooke and Justin are moving soon to Austin, Texas. We're sad to have them moving so far away. The three boys are all especially sad, look how much the thought of moving has aged them...



Just a little over two weeks until school starts!!!!! I cannot emphasize enough how much I am looking forward to this. This blast from the past pretty much sums up my feelings: YAY!! (Click on this)
9 comments:
Allie, I could read your posts all day long. The bit about the toothbrush had me smiling from ear to ear.
So you are getting ready to send a couple kiddos back to school? Ahhh. That will be nice! A house almost all to yourself...except for the remaining monkeys. I'm thinking of the one who hangs on the fridge, in particular. Great shots.
I should've called you while I was in your neck of the woods! Well, we will just have to make plans for someday in the future. Like when Mylie and Miles hook up.
Your kids are imaginative. You could write a book on your kids' adventures!
Not to brag, BUT school starts in a week! Wahoo! Never thought I'd be that mom, but WAHOO!
I wonder what that would feel like to have kids in school? It must be fantastic. I loved that commercial by the way! Oh, and did you like the last Twilight book? Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was a bit drab.
That video is hysterical! Go Maddie, I bet she will rock it!
Allie, Just want to say it's always great to read your postings...
When are brooke and justin moving?! How crazy! Would you tell her that a good friend of mine who is also carter's wife's younger sister lives in Austin with her husband and two kids. If Brooke wants to talk to anybody in the area I could connect them. I think they could be good friends.
You do have a lot going on back at the nut house! We hung out at Jessies house on Monday in UT and it turned out so dang cute! I'm sad for you that Brooke is moving, I know how much you two love living 3 or 4 doors down. Good luck with goodbyes.
Max always seems to get a hold of our toothbrushes, too! Busch Gardens sounded like fun, sadly we didn't make it there this summer. When are Brooke and Justin moving??
Your blog never fails to make me smile. Send me an e-mail if you have time. I need your updated cell phones, home phone, and such. Have fun with the kids in school. xoxoxo Aunt Janet
Jessie's pregnant?! I used to look at her blog every once in a while to see how married life was treating her (before she went private and I could no longer read her blog) and I remember her saying that while it was fine and good for her two sisters to have kids right away, she would be waiting for several years... I guess plans changed:). I need more updates from you. How are you liking school for your kids? What do you mean when you say you do freelance writing?
Post a Comment