Wednesday, September 03, 2008

New hobby

I bought some wood, a wood carving tool called a dremel, some paint, and decided to try out a new hobby. I made these two signs as gifts. My dad is a total democrat, so I made him this sign for his birthday:




The lighting from the picture makes it difficult to read the saying: 'Vote Democrat Or Don't Vote At All"

I made this key holder for my sister Jessie and brother-in-law Taylor for their new house:



It was fun to do, but a bit trickier than I had originally anticipated. These two were my experiments with how to use the dremel and do the painting, etc.

Here's how Jessie's looked when it was freshley primed:

9 comments:

Heather and Dave said...

VERY cool new hobby Allie!! It looks like a Mary Englebreight creation..way to go! You not only are an author, but an illustrator as well...you need to get a move on girl and create a children's book. You could write about your kids adventures of: houdidni escaping zach, adventures in potty training, the spilled milk, the bird in the bedroom, or any other "based on a true story" adventure you've had as a mom.

Rachel Kirkham said...

Allie these look amazing! I wish I were that talented to just pick up dremel and wood and do that! PERFECT!!!

Miller Family said...

I still can't believe Taylor married into a democratic family. Hopefully Jess has seen the light on this one :).

Love the projects, really fun!

Elisha said...

Awesome, Allie! Who knew you had it in you? Just kidding!

Weed Family said...

Allie, those are incredible! How much do you charge?? :) I love them! You will have to teach me how to do that.

Mugs said...

I'm soooooo with your dad.

rachel said...

fun fun fun. Well now we know why you are tired. That was a great trip. Wow. What fun. And wow great to get all that food. And how fun to make those cake holders. I want to make one. Let me know how.

rachel said...

okay I am officially and idiot. I just read back and it doesn't say cake it says key. So ya I still like them and I will work on my reading skills. Don't tell your dad but yes voting republican.

Melodrama Mama said...

Very cool! I want to learn! Your finished results are amazing!