I was subbing in Andrew's primary class at church and was fortunate enough to overhear a very choice conversation between Andrew and his buddy Zach. Zach wanted to know when Andrew was going to be in first grade, since Zach is already in first grade. I told Zach that Andrew would be in first grade next year. This led Zach to tell us that when Andrew is in fourth grade, then Zach will be in fifth grade and he'll be a Safety Patrol. Then, while Andrew was still in high school, Zach will be starting college.
To even the playing field a bit, I told them they would be missionaries at the same time.
Now for the conversation between Andrew and Zach, and I should mention that they were being very sincere as they were talking. I knew by the second line that it was going to be a conversation I would want to remember, so I quickly wrote their conversation down on the back of an envelope and stuffed it into my purse:
Z: Oooooo! We can be missionaries together! We can work together to spread God's gospel!
A: I hope we go to Japan so we can learn Chinese!
Z: Yeah, me too. It's a big island so we will each have to take half.
A: OK. You can teach the human half and I will teach the animal half.
Z: OK, but I think we better have a little prayer first and bless that the animals won't eat you.
A: Yeah, I know.
It makes me wonder how many awesome conversations go down that I just miss out on by not being in the room...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweet boys. I"m so glad you wrote down their conversation. They really thought their whole mission through.
Teaching Chineese in Japan & splitting up who teaches the humans vs the animals. Cute guys.
I wish we all lived near eachother too, Allie. You are a blast to have around!
ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! LOVE IT! Too bad I didn't have a blog years ago to keep track of all of the great things my older kids said.
cuties...such little planners...
It's a good thing you captured this one! As you said, it is CHOICE. How funny. Little kids have such fun ideas about the world and their place in it. It's a sad thing when that starts to fade away!
Post a Comment