This recipe is a Lee family favorite. My mom made it often and it is easy and so good! It's from the 'Out of Our League' Junior League cookbook. It can be done ahead and it can be frozen if necessary. The casserole serves 6 hearty portions. Preparation time is 15 minutes. Cooking time is 25 minutes. Baking time is 45 minutes.
2 cups macaroni
1 lb ground round
2 medium onions, chopped
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 jar 15 oz spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
1 lb tomatoes
1/2 lb extra shapr cheese, grated
Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain. Brown meat and onions; add salt, pepper, spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Simmer 10 minutes. Place half the macaroni in 2 1/2 quart casserole. Cover with half the meat mixture, then half the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
My sisters were asking for the recipe and I figured since I was typing it up anyway, then I may as well share it with the blogosphere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This recipe looks delicious. Congratulations on all the great family news. A mission call and a new baby. Your nephew is adorable!!
I don't think I have ever had that. Sounds very yummy. Thanks for the recipe!
We're making it tonight! I'll let you know how it turns out!
thanks, sounds yummy. i always feel like I don't know what to cook!
Hi this is Rachel (Clarke)
It was so fun to see your cute family over the weekend. I cannot believe how grown up your kids are! Anyway I love your blog, I would love to add you to mine please send me an email rachelisgreat@gmail.com and I will send you an invite. I hope you all made it home safe and sound.
Post a Comment