It is always a problem when too much time has gone by between posts. Let's just break it down.
I had all of my wisdom teeth pulled late in May. It was awful and wonderful all at once. We went to Disney World ten days later and had a fabulous time. Zack was finally tall enough to ride Space Mountain and Expedition Everest. Mylie was tall enough for Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad and Tower of Terror. She loved all of them! She is a real thrill seeker.
I signed my three oldest kids up for swim team and crossed my fingers that they would pass try outs. To qualify you have to be able to swim 25 meters without stopping and tread water for 60 seconds. I knew Maddie could handle it, I was pretty sure that Andrew could, but I had some serious doubts about Zack. Since he only had his ear tubes put in in March, we had to wait two months before we were able to take him swimming. We worked with him a little each day at the hotel pool at Disney World. He had one week to learn how to swim the length of the pool and to tread water. Up until the minute before he tried out, he had not been able to swim more than half the length of the pool and could only tread water for 20 seconds. The kids only got one shot, and if they failed their spot was available to kids on the wait list. Well, adrenaline kicked in and carried Zack the length of the pool and he somehow mustered the strength to tread water for the full minute. He was on cloud nine and I couldn't have been prouder.
The end of the school year was hectic and full of parties and swim practices. I was called to be the first counselor in our ward's Young Women's program. I'm excited about this calling and I get to over see and teach the Mia Maids.
Those are the big things that have happened between posts. Here are some pictures:
While staying at the Wilderness Lodge, we were chosen to be the Flag Family the last morning of our stay, which meant we got to go to the top of the hotel roof (the view was AMAZING) and raise the flags. It was really fun and definitely something we'll always remember.
3 comments:
very fun photos!! i hadn't heard about the flag family thing. that's awesome!
Hooray! We've been waiting for an update :) Looks like a fun trip - where were the embarrassing wisdom teeth photos? jk. Give Zach man a high five for passing the hard swim team test!!!
love the photo catch up! and I love all of their cute crocs :)
Post a Comment