Recently, Zack, Ben, and I had lunch at Chipotle. Zack begs to go there almost every day, because he loves their quesadillas.
Lunch was tasty and as we were getting ready to leave, Ben realized he couldn't find his keys. He searched and researched his pockets (he likes to wear shorts with tons of pockets, so I was surprised when they didn't turn up during this phase of the search). He ran out to the car and double-checked that they weren't there. They weren't. Zack and I checked the floor and surrounding area of where we were eating. I went through my purse. Ben asked the manager if anyone had turned in car keys and the manager and another employee came to join us in our search. We looked through the trash can. Truly, no luck and we were baffled.
Finally, I pulled out my keys that has the other key to Ben's car on it so we could leave. Ben was very frustrated at this situation and I was irritated with the situation (Ben has misplaced his spare key to the minivan, so I was thinking that we were now two for two with Ben and keys). We get in the car and the two of us are looking under our seats again.
All of a sudden, in the back we hear the jingle jangle of keys. Zack has them and a quite mischievous grin on his face.
"Where did you find them?" Ben asks.
"In...my...pocket..." Zack says through his giggles.
"Your pocket? How did they get in your pocket?" Ben asks.
"I reached my hand into your pocket and pulled them out when you were ordering the food," Zack explains. "Is this what they call a prank? I really wanted to prank someone."
I laughed so hard I thought I was going to be sick. Of course, I am a bit in awe and concerned about Zack's talent for pick-pocketing and his ability to not let on. He had been on his hands and knees looking for the keys with us knowing full well they were in his pocket. He let his Dad search for the keys for fifteen minutes and kept a straight face the entire time.
It was a pretty good prank. We were relieved to have the keys again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
that is hilarious and devious all at the same time. I'll be sure to keep all valuables locked up when zack is around.
I will be interested to hear what he does as a teenager!
total prankster. I would have laughed too!
no way!!! that's crazy how well he fooled you guys!!
little stinker :) watch out for whoopie cushions
little stinker :) watch out for whoopie cushions...
Post a Comment