Thursday, July 08, 2010

The summer that keeps on going...

Summer has been good so far. Except for when the air conditioning went out last week. It had frozen up, so we had to do a 12 hour thaw and then it worked again. Thank Heavens!!! But, unfortunately, during the Hell-ish (very appropriate term) heat wave that hit the east coast, our A/C went entirely out. By some miracle, the AC repair people were able to give us a same day repair appointment. Our repair window was for between 12 and 4. The guy showed up at 5:30.

I am very grateful that one of my good friends offered to take my kids and save them from the heat while I waited for the repair man. It turns out our condensation pump was dead and needed to be replaced. It is so nice to have air conditioning again!

My kids have been loving swim team. Well, at least the boys have. Maddie complains every morning that her summer is being ruined by morning practices when she would rather sleep.

Here is a picture of Zack posing with some of his ribbons:


Ben took the picture of Zack. When I told Ben I thought it was so cute with that big, proud smile, Ben chortled. When I asked him what was so funny, he told me that he tried and tried to get Zack to do a normal smile for the picture. He finally resorted to saying "dog snot" to get that smile out of Zack. Nothing like gross things to bring out the joy in a five year old boy. Good thing his Dad gets him.

Oh, and I have a little article in the July/August 2010 issue of LDS Living. Click here to read it.

It is amazing how much noise and mess can go on in this house over the summer with the kids home. I better get back to my daily damage control.

5 comments:

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Thanks for the update! That photo of Zack is so great and Im excited to read your article.

Heather and Dave said...

Haha! Good one Ben! i'll have to remember that at my next wedding :) Everyone say "dog snot!!" I get that magazine...now i just have to locate it :) beach photos coming to my blog next week!

Martha and Jesse said...

What a fun article! Congratulations! I love family recipe books. I wouldn't mind having the one you made! I know Shannon would like to do that too as she has begun compiling recipes of Grandma Lee's. She scanned tons of recipe cards and its fun to see Grandma's handwriting!

JujuJojo said...

Hi Allie,

Ivy here again. It's been a while. Blogger was censored in China for a while so I couldn't come back to visit.

Are your kids going on to be teenagers now??? They seem so big! I feel as though they are going to attend GM high soon! Your oldest is 8, right? How come no new kids yet?

I'm still in Beijing, and struggling with mere two kids, so I really wonder how you do it. Btw I think your youngest looks most like you. Must be sooo satisfying to look at them, all growed up!

alexandra said...

1. I read about 5 of your posts out loud to my mom while we drove because she wanted to know what was making me laugh out loud.

2. I am so impressed with all your publications. I just discovered the Friend online resources and saw that you submitted a story. My kids loved it. I am inspired by you!

3. Our boys could be very very naughty together.