
To say that every mom has a story is a major understatement. Every mom has volumes of stories. Some of them funny, some of them sad, some of them so boring you wonder if she’ll ever stop talking. I have a plethora of stories for every one of those categories. I am a mom.
I love my kids, all four of them. They test my patience often, but I suppose that comes with the territory. I am very eager to get to that “look back and laugh” phase of life that I keep hearing about. Right now I am in the thick of child-rearing. ‘Child-rearing’ seems to be an extremely good term to use lately, as day after day of diaper changing and potty training consume what is my existence. I am so sick of wiping child rears that I cannot even stand it. I keep telling myself, “three more years and no more diapers, three more years and no my diapers.” It is my little mantra that keeps me going. Ah, but look, I am already forcing you to endure one of the “boring stories.”
Let’s begin anew. The purpose of this blog is for me to have a place to record the stories that I want to remember and enjoy. I have six years worth of things my kids have said or done that I need to preserve. I have some catching up to do. You will have to bear with me as I reminisce the past and mingle it with the present.
As I begin this blog, Maddie is six, Andrew nearly four, Zack barely two, and Mylie is 3 ½ months. In the above photograph, taken on Halloween, you see my neice Abbie Allen, my nephew Bracken Allen, Maddie, Mylie, Andrew, and Zack. Welcome to my world. Welcome to my life. Welcome to my own personal gaa-gaa saga. (By the way, I fully intend on writing a book entitled “Gaa-gaa Saga: Memoirs of a Mother” so I’m just blogging my first draft).
I love my kids, all four of them. They test my patience often, but I suppose that comes with the territory. I am very eager to get to that “look back and laugh” phase of life that I keep hearing about. Right now I am in the thick of child-rearing. ‘Child-rearing’ seems to be an extremely good term to use lately, as day after day of diaper changing and potty training consume what is my existence. I am so sick of wiping child rears that I cannot even stand it. I keep telling myself, “three more years and no more diapers, three more years and no my diapers.” It is my little mantra that keeps me going. Ah, but look, I am already forcing you to endure one of the “boring stories.”
Let’s begin anew. The purpose of this blog is for me to have a place to record the stories that I want to remember and enjoy. I have six years worth of things my kids have said or done that I need to preserve. I have some catching up to do. You will have to bear with me as I reminisce the past and mingle it with the present.
As I begin this blog, Maddie is six, Andrew nearly four, Zack barely two, and Mylie is 3 ½ months. In the above photograph, taken on Halloween, you see my neice Abbie Allen, my nephew Bracken Allen, Maddie, Mylie, Andrew, and Zack. Welcome to my world. Welcome to my life. Welcome to my own personal gaa-gaa saga. (By the way, I fully intend on writing a book entitled “Gaa-gaa Saga: Memoirs of a Mother” so I’m just blogging my first draft).
8 comments:
Oh look! I'm the first to comment! I like your blog already and really hope you keep it up. It's hard to keep writing when you have a kid, or two, or four.
Write more soon!
What a great idea Allie! You are so talented! I love the title & I cannot WAIT to read all the fun stories that you'll post. I agree that you should write a book. Thanks for the post up of my website too! You are so sweet.
Tell everyone hello! I love your cute family.
-Heather
I don't know how you find the time to write, but please do!! You have an approach to writing like the cartoonist who did "Family Circus". It hits a chord that is funny and true.
Nancy
I can't believe how much I enjoyed reading and viewing your blog. It is such a fun way to chronicle the events of the day in the life of a Mom. It reminds me of the days when Caleb wore pink jellies and spent four long years in the Oedipal phase of development. By the way, I forwarded your blog on to Uganda
Give your darling kids a big kiss from their Grandma B aka Aunt Barbara
Wow, what a neat thing to do! You are so talented. And yes, I miss your kids.
love always,
Martha
Dear Allie, I just wrote a moment ago and then everything got deleted. It went something like... I love all the family experiences we have. It is so enriching with all the fabulous personalities. much love, abby
I love this! I just wish you would write everyday... or maybe even every hour??
Your stories make me smile and laugh! Not a one of them is boring. I found the story of shrieking streaking Drewman hilarious. I think we all need an Andrew to brighten up our day and to increase the volume when everything is too quite. Your awesome Allie! I love you tons, remind Ben everyday how blessed he is to have you!
Post a Comment