At about three in the morning I heard Andrew banging on his door saying he needs to get out. He sounded quite panicked and I figured he needed to use the bathroom. I opened his door and he goes peeling down the hall for, sure enough, the bathroom. After a few moments I go in to check on him, and I am startled to find him vigorously brushing the outside of his nose with Maddie's toothbrush.
"Andrew!!!! What is going on!?!?" I cried, while quickly grabbing Maddie's toothbrush to save it from its current unsavory state.
"Grandma told me to brush the ants off my nose. My nose is covered in red, blue, and yellow ants and grandma told me to go brush my nose and that is what I have got to do," he explained while desperately trying to pry the toothbrush from my grip.
It took a while for my semi-slumbering brain to decipher that Andrew's actions were the result of some crazy dream. Dreams make people do crazy things. My sister Brooke tells the story of once waking up in the middle of the night to find her husband Justin leaning against the wall. When she asked him what he was doing, he responded that he was holding the wall up and that he needed some help. After a few processing moments, she assured him it was all just a dream and that the wall was structurally sound so he could get back to sleep.
What is the craziest similar dream experience that you have had?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so funny. Chris woke up once frantically looking for the other child after we had Christopher. He was really worried that we had twins and he was sleeping on one of them.
Post a Comment