Monday, April 21, 2008

Juggling and Balancing

As Ben works from home I find myself attempting to better my juggling and balancing skills. I try to juggle keeping the kids away from his office, working on "soft inside voices", potty training Zack, and trying to figure out which room is the best room to put various kids down for naps (Zack and Mylie sleep well in the same room at night, but not at nap time). I try to balance getting the kids out of the house with how exhausted and wound up they will be for me to deal with upon our return. Perhaps running away to join the circus when I was younger would have been a good career move...

My sister Jessie came back over a week ago to watch Brooke's kids while Brooke and Justin did a quick trip to New York (or as Bracken corrected me 'You Nork'). Our cousin, Maere, and her fun little boy Max came to play for a little while at a local park with us. Mylie, Tate, and Max are all only a few weeks apart in age.



Yes, that is Ruby's spit up in Jessie's hand. Nice timing, Ruby.


Andrew marched in the Little League opening day parade. He loved it, especially since it was led by four motorcycle cops, the honor guard, and a fire engine. He felt very important as he smiled and waved on his march to the ball field for opening ceremonies.





There were lots of fun moonbounce sort of activities set up for the kick off. Zack, Maddie, and Mylie enjoyed them. By the time the Little League kids were lined up, the lines were too long for us to want to wait through so we bribed Andrew with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese instead.

I have fallen a bit off of the "potty train Zack" band wagon. It gets old quickly, for a person of little patience like myself. Unfortunately, he is getting old quickly. Why do my boys take so long to train? I know, it is because I cave for the convenience of a diaper.

2 comments:

Weed Family said...

Max looks so happy

megan&steve said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe Jessie just cupped her hand for the spitup- good mommy instincts. I can't believe how big mylie is getting. Her poses in the stroller are awesome, and the fact that she clapped when it ended!