Well, it went LOUD, LOUD, LOUD, ***silence***. All parents know that kind of build up is usually not a good sign.
Then I hear footsteps running up the stairs and toward my room. The door flies open and there is Andrew covered in red marks and welts so I am expecting a tattle, but usually when a tattle is on its way Zack is off hiding. I notice Zack has actually followed Andrew up the stairs and is standing with his "proud" look, with his hands on his hips and one foot out a little in front of the other, his head to the side with a cheesy closed mouth grin, and then he sort of hops a bit. He is also covered with red marks and welts.
"GREAT NEWS, MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!" Andrew shouts exuberantly, "Zack stepped on my face and my tooth came out!!!!!!!"
Now, are those not words that every mom longs to hear?
At this point, Zack does something reminiscent of the kind of bow Gene Wilder does in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" when he comes out to view the crowd and bows into a forward roll.
I really wish the moment was captured on video, because my little recap definitely didn't do it justice.
Then, on Saturday, I was lying down with Zack on the couch. All of a sudden he pops up and without a word walks over to the loveseat where someone had dropped the mail. He picks up a Pottery Barn catalog and a Fitness magazine. He examines both of them with great thought, then drops the catalog and starts walking away with the magazine rolled up under his arm.
It was a funny sight, so I asked him what he was up to.
He matter of factly states, "I have to use the bathroom. It might be a while. I am taking a magazine with me like grown ups do."
They grow up so fast, don't they? I mean one minute they're your little babies and the next minute they are losing teeth when someone steps on their face and heading off to the bathroom with a magazine.
7 comments:
You described the stories with great detail. I could picture those 2 boys coming to you and explaining how the tooth was missing and everything! Too funny.
hysterical!
Haha, what funny little men you have! Too cute!
It was funny on the phone and funny again with the photo to serve as a visual!
I love reading your blog...it sounds all too familiar. It was fun to hang out the other day. We need to do it more often.
You are so hilarious. I love reading your blog.
I laughed so hard I nearly peed... ok so I peed a little. :)
Post a Comment