We had so much fun staying at my Grandma's house while we were in Utah last week. My kids relived my childhood, it seemed. Many of the toys they played with and on were the very same toys that my cousins, siblings, and I loved playing with when we were small.

All you Durham cousins remember the joys of flying down Grandma's sidewalk into the backyard on the trikes...

What other Great-Grandma has a water fountain, trampoline, jungle gym, and swing set in their backyard?

This picture was taken at my Grandpa Lee's where my boys are enjoying the wonderful marble ramp that I LOVED playing with when I was little.



If you double click on the trampoline picture above, you will gain a greater appreciation for Zack's brief moment of flight...

No, we did not let Mylie strangle herself entirely in the phone cord...






How did these toys survive?





We even headed to the "Pumpkin Park" one of my favorites when I was little...



My Grandma goes above and beyond! Zack wouldn't let me push him, he only wanted his "Grandma Hatch" to push him.
We were also able to spend a fun morning up in Logan, Utah.

My kids enjoyed a ride on a long board, courtesy of Uncle Will.

Here the older three are holding Will's hands on the campus of Utah State University.

Like a true college Freshmen, Will proudly displays the collection of Mountain Dew cans he shares with his roommate Matt Hall (one of Josh's best friend from our home ward). Words cannot express the pride that Ben felt when he was shown this display.

Andrew poses as an Aggie.

Dinner with Ben's Grandma and Grandpa Skidmore.

Ben's Aunt Marie England helped with Mylie.

We have a picture of Maddie at this age in this same chair.

My kids wanted to play Great-Grandma Ruth's organ. Wisely, she did not give in to their pleading.
Ben's grandparents wanted to know if one of our kids would sing them a song. I told Andrew he had to sing something other than the ABCs, since that is ALL he ever sings. He used the tune, but decided to change the lyrics to a little something called "Twinkle, Twinkle." Zack's arrival at the end of the song pretty much sums up how our visit seemed to fare...
It was a wonderful trip. We were so happy that our children could spend time getting to know our grandparents.
5 comments:
Allie, I hope the wedding will be its own seperate blog story. What about the picture of Grandmas broken jungle gym on one side? Jake was really looking forward to playing on that one day... I can't believe all grandmas toys survived either. Fisher PRice is where quality toys are made apparently.
It was SO good to see you guys for a couple hours while you were here. Hopefully we'll be able to make it out to VA next year to visit you! Can't wait to see pictures of the wedding!
I love the new post!! How fun! I wanted to let you know that I finished your family photos & they're now up on my website! I left you a voicemail with the password info...ENJOY! xoxo
Yeah! A new post! It sounds like you have been uber busy! Things settling down yet? It looks like UT and FL have been a blast!
What darling pictures!
Post a Comment