Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Jessie and Taylor's Wedding

OK, so I left out details of the big wedding in my previous post, BECAUSE I wanted to devote an entire entry to Jessie and Taylor's wedding. Unfortunately, it seems that we lost our camera somewhere between Utah and Virginia on our special red-eye flight with bonus connection through NY.

So, while I am glad that Ben had the foresight to upload the photos from the first half of our Utah trip onto his laptop, we have lost all of the pictures taken on the second half of our trip including the pictures of the wedding. In fact, I could honestly care less about the camera if only I could have the memory card...

It was such a fun wedding. Taylor has such a fun family and I know that Jessie fits just as well into their family as Tay fits into ours.

The two were married in the Salt Lake Temple on Friday October, 5. It was a chilly, gray day. Still, it was not as cold as my November wedding. Oddly enough, Brooke had the best wedding weather of all of us when she was married in the Salt Lake temple in FEBRUARY.

My cousin Heather did the wedding photography. She is so talented. If anyone is looking for any sort of family portrait, wedding photographer, or pictures of their kids then check out her awesome website: www.heathergeorgephotography.com

Jess and Tay had their reception at the Well's Fargo building in SLC on the 23rd Floor. The view of the city was amazing. Jessie looked gorgeous in the wedding dress that she designed and had made for her. The neices and nephews all looked so cute and loved the dance floor and the live band.

Since I don't have any pictures from the wedding to post myself, I will send you on a scavenger hunt through blogs of people I know have pictures posted from Jessie's wedding:

http://adamandabbie.blogspot.com/2007/10/miller-time.html
http://weedsandwildflowers.blogspot.com/2007/10/jessie-and-taylors-wedding.html
http://millertime55.blogspot.com/2007/10/tay-jess-tie-knot.html

Jessie and Taylor went to Mexico on their honeymoon. They flew through LA on their way home and had a two day (I think) lay over, which enabled them to go and see 'Wicked.' I would LOVE to see that show.

The wedding was awesome. Their colors were chocolate brown and periwinkle. My dad found paper lanterns those colors and had them hung all around the room where the dance floor was. My dad also had Josh and my cousins Pete and Jennifer Gasser create a heart with Jessie and Taylor's initials in it using luminaries. The display took up the entire top level of a parking garage, it was visible from the 23rd story where the reception was held. It was awesome! Jessie's wedding cake alternated between stripes and polka-dots in her wedding colors and was displayed beautifully inside a tent my dad had designed specifically for Jessie's wedding with a periwinkle and chocolate brown polka-dotted top and chocolate brown and periwinkle striped sides.

Jessie and Taylor took dancing lessons so they could really do a spectacular "First Dance" and it was so fun to watch them. Andrew wanted to go cut in, but clocked his head on a railing on his way to Jessie, so returned to me crying instead.

Ben's mom flew in to help me with my kids. She's so amazing. It was fun to have her their to celebrate with us, and especially nice to be able to send the two little sleepy kids home early with her. If you aren't lucky enough to have an awesome mother-in-law, well then all I can say is sorry... In fact, I am going away to upstate NY with Ben's mom, sisters, aunts, and girl cousins for a Girls Weekend Off. Lucky, lucky me.

Anyway, congratulations Jess and Tay! We love you!

No comments: