Monday, February 11, 2008

ABCs of Me

Well, I suppose I blog enough about the kids that it is about time for you readers to lavish your attention on me.

A- Attached or single: Attached

B- Best Friend: Ben

C- Cake or Pie: Yes

D- Day of Choice: Friday

E- Essential Item: laptop

F- Favorite Color: red, yellow, orange, navy, and dark green (Note: I like these all separately, if you mix them all together they turn out a yucky brown color)

G- Gummi Bears or Worms: gummi worms

H- Hometown: Vienna, VA

I- Indulgence(s): Blog hopping. Eating out.

J- January or July: Neither. I prefer October.

K-Kids: Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes

L-Life is incomplete without: A really, really good laugh at least once a day

M- Marriage Date: November 23, 1999

N- Number of Siblings: 2 sisters 1 brother

O- Oranges or Apples: Oranges. I'm allergic to apples.

P- Phobias or Fears: That Zack will never learn to use the toilet.

Q- Quote(s): 1) Maddie explaining her black eye to her teacher: "I walked into a doorknob, right Mom?" (As if I had coached her on what to say). 2) Andrew when I was trying to teach him about resurrection and asked him if he knew what it meant when I said Grandma Marilyn would be alive again one day: "Yes, Yes, I already know! It means she will be undead and be a zombie!" 3) Maddie when she was three and saw this picture (Greg Olson, O Jerusalem): "Does Jesus' mom know that he's wearing her clothes?"

R-Reason To Smile: Funny kids

S- Season: Fall

T- Tag Six: Jessie M., Megan R., Meghan D., Rachel G., Heidi D., Elisha S.

U- Unknown Fact About Me: I am the sixth Beatle. OK, so that's not true. I glow in the dark. OK, also not true. I am not a big fan of chocolate. Scandalous? That's what I've been told.

V- Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: Hmmmm. I would have to say oppressor of animal. I consider any meal minus meat to be only a side dish. Also, I suppose it is oppressive of me to wish with all my heart that the squirrel roadkill I pass on the way home might by some miracle be the same squirrel that has taken up residence in our attic. Unfortunately, our squirrel must know to look both ways...

W- Worst Habit: Allowing my children unsupervised access to places of mischief, such as the refrigerator

X- X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Ultrasounds. When I have X-Rays it usually involves some sort of bone break. Ultrasounds, on the other hand, give me a peek at what is going on inside when I'm pregnant. Sort of like a movie trailer...

Y- Your Favorite Food: Prime Rib

Z: Zodiac: Libra

Well, there you go a brief biographical romp in alphabetical order.

5 comments:

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I had only heard the doorknob quote! those were hilarious!

megan&steve said...

The ABC's of Allie! Heather and I were wondering if you know about different websites where you can print off your blog. You have such great stories and should have them bound in leather bound books.. Pretty fancy?

Anonymous said...

Awesome Allie! I'm in. I'll post mine a little bit later.

Rachael said...

Allie! Allie! Your megan&steve friends...can you find that blog printing website for me???? Not that mine are leather-worthy like unto yours, but this is the closest thing I have to a journal!!! Also, love the ABCs. I think that our kids together would have had milk coming out our respective noses.

Heather and Dave said...

cute! i think you probably get that really really good laugh at least once a day...if not more :) Your life is so entertaining, sorry about the squirrel.