Everyone is well now, except for Mylie. She has teeth coming in, so she's been miserable. When my kids get teeth, they get runny noses and diaper rashes and low grade fevers.
During my week-long battle with death, I re-discovered the BBC America channel. I have enjoyed watching 'Cash in the Attic', 'Bargain Hunt', and 'How Clean is your House.'
Not a lot new has been going on. Andrew is in love with a preschool classmate named Sara. He has already proposed to her with the promise that they will live in Disney World, and she has accepted his proposal. He tells me he can't wait until they grow up and when they have kids they "will be SO HAPPY!" It must be true love, because when I told him I was sending him to Utah to live with Jessie and Taylor, he told me he couldn't be away from Sara. So, I suppose he will continue to live with us after all.
Ben assembled the storage shelves from IKEA and I am so happy with the result. I'm hoping it will make it easier for the kids to keep track of their toys now that they are organized into baskets. Each basket is filled with its own category of items, such as cars/trucks/helicopters, action figures/my little ponies/ dinosaurs, Mr.Potato Heads and their millions of parts, and so forth. The kids have kept up with it for the past four days. I'm preparing myself for the day when a basket gets tipped upside down and a foot put through it, but I'm still hoping for the best.

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks.
This first picture is another typical Weirdo shot of this strange duo of cousins. Andrew wanted a shot of them as a "two headed monster." Instead, this is how they posed for the camera. They will definitely have a photo album full of similar weird pictures of themselves together by the time they are teenagers.

Here is Mylie getting busted rifling through my purse. The flash startled her, so as soon as it went off she popped up, looked at me briefly and ran off as if she had never touched the purse.
This is Andrew and Zack with their Grandpa Burton. It may seem like a normal enough shot, until you click on it to enlarge it and notice that Andrew has a bag of cookies sitting on his shoulder inside his shirt. He kept asking "has anyone seen my cookies?" as they walked along. He is such an odd duck:
I signed Andrew up for t-ball. Here he is with Ben watching a high school baseball practice.
Mylie is a very sneaky girl. Here she is on Valentine's Day after stuffing an entire sugar cookie in her mouth and not looking at me, in hope that I didn't notice:
10 comments:
Every time I see your kids with Brooke's I am so jealous! I really want my kids to have cousins. Jess and Tay say they are helping me out anytime soon so will you adopt us?
I love your posts. They are always so juicy. By the time I get to the comment page I forget all of the stuff I want to say! I remember some...Isn't it funny how even tiny people know how to "pretend" they didn't do anything wrong!? That Mylie is a hoot! The picture with Grandpa Burton is really Sweet, Allie. Love the IKEA shleves. Glad you feel better. Finally, my little man gets the same symptoms as your kiddos when he buts teeth. Strange brew.
Okay that was so fun to read. I love how you write. I love the ikea storage thing. I have two of those baskets for under the ikea changing table and they are going strong. I want to get that storage thing that looked awesome. Glad that Zack is doing better. Preschool is the best. Mylie has grown up a lot it seems. I liked your phone as well. Sounds like you guys are having fun as normal. catch ya later.
The storage is AWESOME! I don't even care particularly if the kids put incorrect items in bins, as long as everything is in a container, the room looks clean and I appear organized.
I love the pictures! That ikea storage looks really good!!!!
Also, maybe you could coerce Andrew into moving to Utah and living with us as long as Sara can come visit?
P.S. Is the ribbon in Mylie's vday shot from the package I sent?
Love all the pictures! How much were those Ikea storage bins? I might just have to make a trip now that we have one so close.
And yes, I should have made an album of my notes, but then again, I was a mischievious child and I'm thinking maybe I don't want my kids to read all my sneaky notes and get any ideas on how to torture their poor parents.
I'm glad you are feeling better! Again...your kids are funny. The 2 headed monster reminds of a Sat Night Live version of Siamese twins.
I really like the Ikea shelves. Were they hard to put together? I'm not coming to VA until Steve graduates (cross your fingers) March 26th. I had told Brooke I might come next weekend. Steve has to stay on base, he is on probation. Bleh.
Haha, since when did Mylie become such a sneaky little thing? Thats funny about the cookie. I love her ponytails. She's a doll! Love the stories and photos.
Allie, you are so hilarious! You are one of the rare blog writers who can write a long post that is funny and enjoyable all the way through. I love the photos. I love that Mylie thought that avoiding eye contact would mean that you wouldn't make unilateral visual contact with her. I want to meet Andrew.
Post a Comment