Oh Merciful Heavens! We are on round 579 of potty training for Zack. Yesterday was a fabulous day here in the master bathroom. He finally figured out that if he peed, he would geta stick of licorice. We went from a few little drips to him letting out the flood gates. He didn't even have an accident the entire day!
My favorite Zack quote of the day was when I was trying to teach him to aim. I tossed in a fruit loop and told him to hit it. He said, "Ok, Mom! I will shoot it with my pee-pee gun!"
Let me take a few steps back and fill you in on a few important details. Mylie had thrown up twice late Monday night, but that seemed to be the end of it. The next morning I was wary about what I gave her, but she seemed fine so she had chicken nuggets for lunch, some milk, a banana, and then some mac&cheese for dinner. I was relieved for the brevity of her illness. She had some milk and a banana for breakfast the next day. Then as I was making her a sandwich for lunch, she glazes over and starts throwing up again. Have you ever heard of a flu that takes a day off in the middle? Crazy.
Last night, Brooke calls me to tell me her 18 month old, Tate, is throwing up. Great, I think, it's contagious! I hang up with Brooke only to see Andrew beelining it for the bathroom. He gets to the bathroom door, where he proceeds to vomit all over my carpet. Yay!
A few hours later, it kicks in for Zack. So, how am I supposed to potty train a little boy who is sick with the flu? He wanted to pee in the toilet this morning for some candy. Fortunately, he did keep down the stale piece of licorice I gave him after he peed. He looks awful. However, he just came and asked me if I would take him to Burger King. Why do my kids feel like shoving food in their mouth when they are sick? Why don't my kids get lethargic when they are sick?
So, I've come to the conclusion that the fates are working against me.
I will now close this entry with a few more recent Andrew quotes. The first one occurred after I scolded him:
Andrew: Mom, I am going to tell Jesus what you said to me!"
Me: Jesus already knows what I said.
Andrew: What?!?! Mom, when is Jesus coming anyway?
Me: He wants us to be surprised when he comes back...
Andrew: ...BACK!?!?!? You mean he's already been here and I missed him?
Also, a few weeks after Jessie went back to Utah, Andrew called her and asked this, "Jessie, when are you coming back to earth to visit me here where I live?"
Then, after I told him his hair was getting so long and that I want to shave it all off he made this strange remark:
"If you shave off my hair I will have a shiny bald head. That means I will be ruler of the Universe and everyone in the whole wide galaxy will be my slaves!"
Phew, that was a close one! I suppose it means I should leave his hair alone...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yes, when is Jessie coming back to earth? I love all of the quotes. Too bad everyone is sick at your house. I heard 7up or sprite help calm the tummy. Good luck with adventures in potty training also! P.S. any chance you are coming to Bethany's wedding next month?
Oh wow, when it rains it pours at your house, what a nice combo: potty training and vomiting. You are one brave mama & do a great job. I love that you write the funny things your kids say...they are priceless.
I am so sorry your kids are so sick! Mom had the flu last week in Utah, hopefully it's not passed around this next week when she is there! Those are hilarious quotes, Eric and I were laughing out loud when we read them.
Love those cute comments, especially the one about Jesus. Very sweet!
All of those were great. Max loved that fruit loop thing too. Good luck!
I love how the young Burton brain works. Keep posting these comments Allie. They are awesome! The kind that could quickly get circulated in a mass email around the world.
Allie I put a link to you on my page. Hope that's cool. Let me know if not.
Post a Comment