Santa asked us to store some of the kids toys in our storage room this year, which led me to the discovery of how much stuff is stored in there. I decided to figure out what we truly need to keep and decided that girls clothes smaller than Mylie's size and boys clothes smaller than Zack's size can go. I set off on an over-zealous attempt to post and sell them on Craigslist. I was successful in selling some, but the project reminded me that our home is in desperate need of a 'project room'. Unfortunately, our dining room and front entry area looks like a baby clothes explosion. I keep promising Ben that I'm going to pack it up, but I can't stand to pack up an unfinished project.
Christmas was so much fun this year! We were able to spend time with many of the people we love. We celebrated with both Ben's side of the family and my side of the family.
One of the most memorable moments of the holidays was when my brother-in-law, Taylor, dressed up in the infamous Christmas Tree costume (if you don't know what I'm talking about take a look at the 2006 December posts). Bracken, who is four, apparently couldn't contain his excitement of a giant moving and talking Christmas tree and kept crawling between Taylor's legs to look up and get a good peek of what was going on inside. It was so funny, but like with most things, you had to be there to fully appreciate how hilarious it was.
Taking pictures of little kids is difficult:





Unfortunately, on Christmas Eve we left our camera at my dad's house and did not have it with us for Christmas day.
My kids got webkinz, books, games, clothes, and all sorts of fun things. Ben and I made out like bandits also thanks to the generosity of our parents and siblings and grandparents. Thanks!
For my dad and for Ben's parents I made dozens of heart shaped ornaments so that each person in the family had their own and embroidered them with each persons name. They turned out very cute, if I may say so myself. I was envisioning a tradition of everyone finding their ornament to hang on the tree.
Right now I am up to my eyeballs in laundry that I had put off during holiday festivities. Between the baby clothes out and the mixture of clean and dirty laundry in this house, I am starting to wonder if ANYTHING is in the closets and dressers.
We had a great time on New Years Eve at my Dad's house, where we enjoyed Chinese Food, Baked Alaska, and fireworks. However, with little kids we, headed home at around 9 to put the kids to bed.
I'm excited for what 2008 may bring. 2007 was a good year.
Well, enough procrastinating my housework I suppose...
3 comments:
Wow, I know exactly what you mean by laundry. Sheesh, it's amazing how many sets of clothing/blankets kids can go through!
Glad you had great Christmas. 2007 was a good year...I can only be excited for what 2008 will bring. Happy New Year!
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful holiday! The pictures are darling. I love the pj's.
I wish we could have seen Tay in the tree suit (maybe next year?). Looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment