Thursday, December 20, 2007

After a year of waiting, Andrew's birthday finally arrived *OR* Bordering on More Fun Than Humanly Possible



Blogging about the birthday of a boy I love so much requires TWO blog titles.

So, following many tearful "Is my birthday next?" moments that began the day after his fourth birthday, Andrew finally woke up happy to know that his fifth birthday had arrived.

Although, when I greeted him with, "Hello, Mr. Five-Year-Old" I was quickly informed that even though he was five, his name was still Andrew.

At preschool, Andrew's class had their Christmas party and acted out the Nativity. I dressed Andrew as one of the three wiseman. However, he unilaterally made the decision up on stage that he was actually Joseph.



Mylie has turned into her own little woman. She shrieks and flails if I try to pick her up and carry her. She prefers to walk or run away. At the preschool, we were forced to make a quick exit when Mylie exploded in fury when I wouldn't let her pull all of the toys out of their bins while the preschoolers were making a holiday craft. Granted, it was her naptime, but holy smokes we've hit the terrible twos half a year early. Here is a little shot of her racing away from me after we dropped off Andrew.



To celebrate Andrew's birthday, Brooke and Justin and their kids met up with us at Chuck E. Cheese's and let the kids blow 100 tokens. They had a lot of fun. Then we headed to Fuddruckers for dinner to meet up with my Dad. My Dad brought Andrew the infamous cake from the post below.

Andrew and Bracken were too excited playing with Andrew's birthday haul to eat much. I did notice that after ordering a hot dog, Andrew pulled the hot dog out, tossed it to Maddie and stuffed the buttery bun with fries. It appears my attempt to feed my children nutriously is failing.

Abbie, my two year old neice, decided to help herself to Andrew's birthday cake, and after her very first bite it was a "Happy Birthday, Andre" cake. She just kept popping the sugary letters into her mouth and saying, "Yuck, this is gross!" After each compacted sugar letter bite.





Mylie and Tate helped themselves to some Macaroni.





Tate then went over to my dad to wash it down with some diet coke.



It was a fun birthday. How could it not be when we left with pictures like these?



2 comments:

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I'm sad we missed his actual birthday! Thanks for posting such fun pics of the event! I am so excited to see the kids tomorrow(even though I saw them last week!!)

Anonymous said...

I love birthdays! And don't worry, I think all moms know that once your kids are out of their home, the chance of feeding them something healthy has already been shot.

I just read the post before this one. WOW!