Monday, January 14, 2008

Say What?!?

Occasionally, I like to write a post filled with the strange sorts of things that I get to hear on a regular basis come out of the mouths of my family.

First I'll tell you the quote, and who said it. Then, you can look below for the context it was said in.

1 "Elmo looks so much better naked" -Maddie
2 "I really want to see what you look like with this diaper duct taped to your mouth" -Ben
3 "I really want to hear what you sound like with that diaper duct taped to your mouth" -Allie
4 "Can Andrew and I keep our clothes on when we get home?" -Maddie
5 "I am going to spank him so hard he will cry for Jesus!" -Andrew
6 "I am not listening to you. I am only listening to me!" -Andrew

1. Maddie was looking at a cover of a Sesame Street book with Elmo wearing a T-Shirt
2. Maddie was throwing a tantrum on the way to church and Ben told Maddie if she didn't knock it off, he may just come back to where she was and duct tape a clean diaper to her mouth.
3. She was just really that loud and obnoxious...
4. Maddie was referring to their church clothes here, since I like them to change into play clothes when they get home from church.
5. Ben was glued to the football game and was taking a long time to come down to dinner, so I gave Andrew permission to give his dad a little spank if Ben took too long. I don't know where Andrew came up with this line, I was quite shocked by it. Perhaps I need to look into what he learns at preschool a bit more...
6. Andrew and I were arguing about what time his favorite TV show comes on. He was convinced he was missing it, even though it was still five more hours until it would come on.

On a side note, I need suggestions for how to get rid of a rotten milk smell from beneath the cabinetry of my kitchen. HELP US!!!!!

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Your kids are hilarious. Aren't kids, though? It's truly amazing that our kids (and their corresponding comedic routines) never hooked up in VA. It would have been funny...

MEG said...

Cry for Jesus? I am still laughing!

Miller Family said...

That was super cute, you just never know what they are going to say!

The Carlsons said...

I love what kids say because they have no idea that it makes the "spilled milk" worth it. I'm glad to hear that your cleaning spree has brought good fortune. I love the feeling of tossing things and finding things you knew were somewhere. Sometimes I wonder if there is someone living in a secrete room taking random things just for fun. A

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Oh Allie,
that just made my night! I'm gonna use Andrew's line on Josh next time he acts up! I love it!

Mugs said...

HIGHlarious! Allie, you had kiddos with your spontaneous sense of humor and wit.

Weed Family said...

That's hilarious. Kids (and Ben) do say the darndest things! Yes, it was so much fun to hang out with you and the kids last week. Max was in heaven. We will have to do it again soon.