Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm just sayin'...



I was commenting to Andrew, at Maddie's early morning Saturday basketball game, about the importance of being aggressive when you play basketball. He has been asking me when he will be able to play basketball on a team. I told him he needed to pay close attention to the game and to try to learn the rules of basketball. That was when he looked me in the eyes and told me that he ALREADY knows the rules of basketball. I was surprised. But, the rules of basketball that he explained to me sounded awfully familiar: "Sit nicely on the bleachers until the game ends so we can go get breakfast at McDonalds." Yes, I do recall explaining to him those rules of basketball.



But, my favorite quote of the week came from my 2.5 year old niece, Abbie. Brooke was getting frustrated with all of the snacking her kids were doing before church on Sunday. She told her kids she'd had it, and that she was not going to bring any food to church. Abbie gave Brooke a look of defiance and told her she didn't care. Then she said, "It's ok mom, because don't forget about the 'snackrament'." Ah yes, who can forget the most important part of Sacrament meeting, partaking of the "snackrament."

2 comments:

megan&steve said...

what a wise girl. She knows she will get a tiny piece of bread at church. That always fills me up!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Now who is the blog photo thief? Cute stories! I miss you guys!