I cannot wait for Christmas for many reasons, but one of the biggest reasons is that I am truly looking forward to having extra space in my closet again. I have been helping Santa store some of the larger items in the back of my closet for weeks now. When Zack and Mylie "accidentally" discovered some of the items a few weeks ago I said, "Darn it. I really wanted to give you those things. If you still want to get these toys, you better be sure to ask Santa for them because I am taking all of the items you have seen back to the store."
Now, they know better than to look in my closet for fear they might see any other things.
It was supposed to snow here on Christmas and we were looking forward to a white Christmas, but the storm system has changed direction, or momentum, or something. I told Ben and he pretended to be disappointed but I think he is relieved to not need to go out in the cold and shovel snow on Christmas.
We will be going to Ben's Aunt and Uncle's house to meet up with much of their family and Ben's family for the annual Christmas Eve pagent. Our kids are very excited. I am also excited to go see some Christmas lights. Our minivan is having transmission issues, so we haven't really ventured out much farther than we can comfortably walk home.
Yesterday was Zack's class party for kindergarten and it didn't involve parents coming. With four kids having holiday parties, I appreciate when parents aren't invited because it is too tricky and sometimes impossible to make all of the parties and someone ends up very sad/angry about it. Anyway, I signed up to send in napkins. I put them in his backpack earlier in the week and reminded him several times that they were in his backpack and to turn them in. Tuesday he told me he had given the teacher the napkins. On the way home from the bus stop on Wednesday, I asked Zack if his friends liked the napkins. He said they ended up not using them. I thought that was odd. It made more sense a little later when we were emptying Zack's backpack and he pulled out one of the two packs of napkins I sent in. When I asked him why he still had a pack of napkins in his backpack he said, "I gave them the other pack, but I really like these napkins and I wanted to keep them." Well, there were only 15 napkins per pack, so not enough for his class. I immediately sent an email explaining and apologizing to the room mom, because it did look like I was a moron for sending in too few napkins. It just didn't occur to me to tell Zack to put BOTH packs of napkins out for the party.
Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment