Andrew and I have developed walking pneumonia. While it is the least serious of all pneumonias and we can more or less still function, I must admit it is most unpleasant. I am trying to decide if having this over the holidays is a blessing or a curse. It is nice not to phone the school daily to let them know Andrew won't be in. It is also nice not to need to be driving everyone to their typical scheduled activities, since everything is off over the holiday break.
The downside is that all of the kids are home and needing meals and snacks and making all sorts of messes (coupled with all of the new gifts they have received, many of which are still seeking a place to be kept) and one or two days of letting the laundry go in our family quickly becomes daunting.
Yesterday was one of those days where I didn't feel very well, so I kept going for my bed. However, despite my exhaustion, I felt too guilty to sleep because I knew how much I needed to get done. So, really nothing good came of yesterday.
Ben's sister Abby came for my girls and took them home with her for some special time and a sleep over. Going from four kids to two was a help. I am sure my girls are having a blast.
Zack has started on the horrible cough that Andrew and I have, but hasn't reached any other symptoms yet. Hopefully he won't. Ben was sick for all of a day and a half. What a blessing that his ailments didn't progress beyond that.
I can't decide if Andrew is super sick, or if he is just super good at complaining. Of course, with the way I have been feeling as well, he is just giving a voice to what is going on. So, I'm inclined to go with super sick. He spent some time yesterday crying about how much his ears and head hurt every time he needed to cough. I do wonder how much his inhaler and other asthma medications help him during this illness. I feel like I can't get a real breath in. It sort of feels like someone is sitting on my neck and that my airway is the width of a drinking straw.
I hope your family is well and healthy. I am hopeful that ours will be soon. In the meanwhile, you may want to avoid our family like the plague (or the walking pneumonia).
On a side note, Andrew recently told Ben that his diagnosis was Walking Amnesia. How quickly the forget...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment